Seven

"Go shower I got him" we get to my house and I say to Liv. She runs inside and I carry him out of the car sneaking him up to my room.

I lay him on my bed and stand far away not knowing what to do, I've never had to take care of a drunk person before and I'm a dude so I don't know where I'd even start. After a while, Liv comes to my room in her pjs and wet hair "what are you going to do?" She asks whispering

"I don't know" I'm trying to stay calm "what do we do?"

"We!?"

"Liv I need your help I don't know what to do"

She rolls her eyes "fine! We have to get him out of those clothes and clean his face up"

"Ok" I rush to my closet to find something but all of my clothes will be too big for him, Jax is a very thin guy and I've got built. I grab a t-shirt and pajama pants. "Here, I'll step out while you change him"

"Wait what?! I can't change him by myself!"

"Well, I can't do it! How do you think it'll look if I'm changing his clothes Liv? That's weird!"

"And it's any less weird if I do it?!" We whisper back and forth at each other "we're doing this together!"

"Alright" I sit him up Liv takes off his shirt and replaced it with the clean one, I lay him back down and we both turn to each other "well take his pants off" I push her towards him

"What! No, you do it!"

"Damn it Liv!" Slowly reaching for his crotch I unbutton and unzip his jeans, Liv takes off his shoes and I pull his pants off. We put the PJ bottoms on him and I lay him straight on the bed covering him with my blanket.

"I'll go get a damp towel to clean his face" she leaves and I move away from him trying not to hover, all of this has been so weird and I don't know how I'm going to explain this to anyone tomorrow, thank god my parents work early. Liv comes back and she sits at the edge of the bed and starts to slowly wipe his face. "Jax is a very attractive guy," she says as she's wiping his face

"Really? You have to say that right now?" I shoot her a stare

"What? I'm just saying! Too bad he's gay." After she cleans his face she gets up and walks over to me "where are you going to sleep?"

"Probably the couch"

"Mom and dad will ask why you're sleeping there" fuck

"Then I'll sleep on the floor"

"Or you can sleep next to him" she smirks "I mean there's enough space"

"Get out Liv!" I push her out of my room as she's laughing. Locking the door I grab the pillow next to Jax and a few blanks from my closet and lay on the floor.

•—•

I barely slept the whole night. After my parents left for work I went to the kitchen to make some coffee. It's almost 10 am now and Jax is still passed out, I didn't want to wake him up so I let him sleep. Liv and I sit on the couch watching tv "I think he's awake!" She taps me, we hear his footsteps around my room

"I'll go check" I get up walking upstairs, I open the door and walk into my room scaring Jax, he jumps back "morning"

He stares at me confused "where am I?" His voice is raspy

"My house... My room"

He looks around "how'd I get here?"

"I went to pick my sister up from the party last night and saw you lying on the floor, you didn't look so good"

"Oh my god" he sits down "I feel like complete shit"

"Yeah you were pretty out of it" he rubs his head "oh here I grabbed you some Tylenol and water, helps with the headache"

He takes the pills and the cup "why are you being nice to me? We haven't said a word to each other the past two weeks"

"I know, but I saw you on the floor and I knew I couldn't just leave you there plus Summer obviously didn't give a fuck or she would have helped you herself"

He stands up "I have to get home, where are my clothes?"

I point to the chair "I can give you a ride home"

"Ok, I'll change and be right out"

I step out heading back downstairs.

"Is he ok?" Liv asks

"Yeah, I'm gonna take him home."

After Jax changes we leave and now I'm driving "by the way Summer's probably going to say something, she saw me carrying you out last night"

"I can deal with her." The rest of the ride is quiet until I get to his house.

I walk him to his door "umm I'll see you Monday" I say before I walk away

But he grabs my arm pulling me back and hugging me. His arms are around my neck and he rests his head near mine, it's a bit awkward but I go with it "thank you so much Mitch" he pulls away "for not leaving me there and taking care of me, I didn't deserve that"

"You did though, you helped me with Summer so it was only fair I returned the favor. You don't have to talk to me, I get that Summer can be pushy to get what she wants, but I am here if you need anything"

"Good to know. Thank you again ok? And thank your sister for me too"

"I will" we smile and I walk back to my car, he stands there watching until I pull away.