Epilogue

RE CAP:

The months flew by and soon enough I was 8 months pregnant. I still hadn't told Jace about the pregnancy as I have not been in contact with anyone at the institute. I haven't even been in touch with my family and they have not been in contact with us. I was contemplating on sending them a fire message saying that I was pregnant but decided against it. 

On the 23rd of June I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Noah Edward Herondale. A couple of days after Noah was born Hollie decided to go see her family for the rest of the week. I stayed in the apartment as much as possible and did everything I could to entertain Noah. It was hard for me to do everything by myself but I coped as much as I can. 

A couple of days later I received a  fire message off Magnus saying that I needed to go to the institute. I knew that it must be important so I grabbed a bag and put some of my clothes into it and some of Noah's clothes as well. I grabbed the car seat and placed Noah in it carefully then put my backpack on my back and the baby bag on my shoulder. I walked all the way to Taki's, which was just around the corner to the institute, and sat down in one of the booths. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and asked Magnus to meet me here before we go to the institute.

A couple of minutes later the bell attached to the door rang, I turned in my seat and saw Magnus, Isabelle and Alec enter. The quickly walked over to the booth that I was in and saw the car seat that was next to me. They couldn't see Noah inside because I placed a blanket over the top of it. They sat down in the booth and we ordered some food. Until the food arrived it was silent. "Why did you want me to come to the institute. I have been living on my own for almost 10 months so why just send me a message now?"

 They all just looked at me and then Magnus said " We wanted to tell you that our mother has been really poorly since you left and after seeing what was wrong we decided to come and tell you that she is dying and we wanted you to see her one last time." I was completely quiet, I didn't know what to say. I just nodded. A cry came from inside the car seat, I quickly pushed back the blanket and started to rock the car seat back and forth. Isabelle, Alec and Magnus was watching me, "I know what you are going to say but it is not what it looks like, I did not have an affair with anyone, the baby is Jace's." 

They all looked at me and nodded. Isabelle then said " Can I see the baby?" I nodded and then picked Noah up from out of the car seat. I then cradled him in my arms. Isabelle came and sat next to me and I passed Noah to her. She rocked him back and forth so then he would not cry. I slyly took a picture of them together.

(Imagine it is Isabelle and the baby is wearing clothes)

I then got Alec to hold him and then took a picture of them together.

Then Alec passed him to Magnus.

 He then passed him back to me and I put him back in his car seat and gave him a bottle of milk

 He then passed him back to me and I put him back in his car seat and gave him a bottle of milk. We all decided to go back to the institute together. Magnus carried my back pack and I carried the baby and the baby bag. Once we got into the institute we went up in the lift to where my  mothers room was. I got Isabelle to carry the car seat with Noah in and went into my mothers room. Thomas was in there with her and ran up to me and gave me a hug, I told him to go outside with the others. Isabelle came in with me as she was holding Noah in his car seat. I sat down on my mothers bed and took her hand. 

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and met mine, she smiled at me and said "I am so happy you came." She leaned up in bed and then said " I wanted to tell you I am not angry with you for killing Valentine and Sebastian, I am happy that you took revenge for your father's death, I am very proud of you."

I looked up at her and then nodded. I then said, "Mum, there is something you need to know, after I ran away I found out I was pregnant, A couple of weeks ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy called Noah." I got Isabelle to bring the car seat over, I got Noah out of the car seat and passed him to my mother who smiled.

"He looks just like Jace but with your hair." I nodded and then she passed him back to me. Her eyes slowly fluttered closed, she took a breath and then said, "Take care of Noah, raise him to be a Shadowhunter and to follow in his mothers and fathers footsteps, and remember to tell him about his grandparents." I looked back up at her and nodded then said goodbye to her before she took her last breath and died.

I slowly walked out of the room with Noah clutched to my chest.  As I got out of the room Magnus and Thomas noticed I had tears running down my face and then bowed their heads. They knew our mother was dead and were mourning for her. Isabelle then walked me and the others to the library. I noticed a familiar person with them, when he turned around his eyes locked on my face and then he looked down to the baby. He slowly walked towards us and embraced us in a hug he then looked down to Noah and then said, "Is he mine?" I nodded then said, "His name is Noah Edward Herondale."

He picked up the baby and then said, "Hi Noah, I am your Dad."