Auditions

Things had been intense in your house lately. You are now 18 years old and fresh out of high school. You have been looking at universities for a year now and had no idea where you wanted to go. Your parents were not the most supportive of your plan to postpone university for a year. In hopes of putting your parents mind at ease, you decided to look for a job. You tried a lot of local dance studios, hoping that at least one of them would have an opening for you but no luck. You started to think that you would be stuck at some minimum wage job that you were going to hate but decided that you would  search for a job that would appreciate my dance background. 

After about half an hour of searching online, you finally found a few ads online looking for dancers for a few different NHL teams in the New York area. The tryouts were all a few days apart so you decided that you would try out for each team until you made one. The first team was the New York Islanders. You arrive a little early, trying to set a good impression. Looking around you noticed that the other girls were really good but you thought that your audition when well. 

"Thank you ladies for coming out today. Unfortunately, not all of you will make the squad. We will be in contact with you all later today," the recruiter said.

You headed home and took a shower. You were extremely nervous to get the email that tells you weather or not you had made the New York Islanders dance team. After you got out of the shower, you headed to your laptop to check you email. There was nothing. Your heart began to sink a little bit. You decided to go watch TV for a while and check back later. After an episode of Gossip Girl, you check you email again. You noticed that you had received an email from the head coach.

Hello Miss White,

You had a great audition and are very talented but we regret to inform you that we will not be taking you at this time.

Sincerely, Isabelle Reese,

Head Coach of the New York Islanders Dance Squad

You were devastated. You were really hoping that they would take you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day

Today you had an audition with the New York Rangers. You were even more nervous because you were one team closer to not getting an unbelieveable job with an NHL team.

The audition with the New York Rangers went similar to that of the New York Islanders. After the audition you went home and showered. When you checked your email, you notice an received an email from the head coach.

Hello Miss White,

You had a great audition and are very talented but we regret to inform you that we will not be taking you at this time.

Sincerely, Caroline Downey,

Head Coach of the New York Rangers Dance Squad

You were heartbroken. There was only one more team left to try out for.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day

Today was the final day of tryouts. Today you were trying out for the New Jersey Devils. This was your last hope.

You went to the tryouts and looking around these other girls looked really good and it begun to make you really nervous. You danced you heart out, hoping to secure a spot. When it was all over you realized that you have never danced this hard in your lifetime. You were almost sure that you were going to make the squad.

You went home, showered and begun to watch another episode of Gossip Girl. You made yourself diner and checked your emails. You had received an email from Diana Smith, Head Coach of the New Jersey Devils dance squad.

Dear Miss White,

The coaching staff was truly intrigued with your audition today. You are extremely talented dancer. We can tell that you have a lot of passion and dedication, both of which are traits that we are looking for.  So it is my honor to inform you that we would like to have you on the New Jersey Devils dance team.

Sincerely, Diana Smith,

Head Coach of the New Jersey Devils Dance Team.

You began to jump up and down with excitement. This was a dream come true. You quickly emailed them back.

Dear Mrs. Smith,

Thank you so much for this opportunity. I will not disappoint you.

Sincerely, Amy White.