Training Camp

You packed a few bags into your white Mercedes-Benz C-Class. When everything was finally packed, you began you long drive to New Jersey. It was quite lonely other than radio to break the silence. You were never one to mind driving by yourself but you never realized how far you had actually driven for these auditions.

When you arrived at the hotel, some of the other girls were checking in as well. When you got up to your room, there was a New Jersey Devils V-neck tee and short shorts with a matching logo on them laying on each bed as well as a New Jersey Devils duffle filled with a few more sets of training clothes. As you admired the outfit, your roommate walked in. You would be sharing a room with a girl named Amanda. Amanda was 18 and had been dancing since a young age just like you. The two of you became fast friends. The two of you had also become friends with the two girls in the room connecting to yours, Rachel and Emily. Rachel and Emily were both 19 and have been cheerleaders their entire lives. The four of you put on the outfits and had removed the extra clothes in the duffle and replaced them with a set of your own as well as a few other things you would need for after training.

Training Camp was being held at a nearby cheerleading gym and the four of you decided that you would all ride together to the gym. Once you guys arrived the guy, Mrs. Smith was standing at the front of the floor with another women. Once everyone arrived, Mrs. Smith introduced herself as well as the women standing next her.

"For those of you who may forgot I am Mrs. Diana Smith, head coach of the New Jersey Devil's dance team and this lovely lady standing next to me is Mrs. Karen Hayes, one of the choreographers for our team."

"You will be seeing a lot of me throughout the season. Hopefully we all get along," Karen said before letting out a small laugh. " Relax, we will all get along just fine. You guys have nothing to worry about."

For the next few hours, you all worked on team bonding and games to get to know each other. A team that gets along is a successful team they say. After it was all over, you showered and changed before heading out for dinner with a bunch of the girls.

At dinner, you all talked and got to know each other a bit better. You learned that a lot of these girls had similar backgrounds to yours. You talked to a few of the older girls about there experience at post secondary school. A lot of them said that it was a waste of their time. They said that being a dancer for the Devils is like the female version of playing for the Devils. Good pay, obviously not as good as the players but better than you'd expect. After dinner, you all headed back to the hotel and hung out some more.

The next four days of training was spent perfecting a few different choreographies as a cohesive team in preparation for the Devil's preseason games. Over the course of the week you were given more Devil's swag. Amanda, Rachel, Emily and yourself had also come up with the idea of buy a house together. You guys had even narrowed it down to a few houses near the arena.

At the end of the week, the four of you have agreed and put an offer in on a beautiful two story house. You were hoping to hear back from real estate agent soon because you really didn't want to go home to Hudson. The past week had just been way too much fun and you didn't want it to end and in a few week it will be just like this all over again.