SECTION IV: PACE & TIMELINE

How is the pace of your plot? Too slow that it feels like it's dragging on, or too fast that the characters haven't had enough time to realistically develop and progress?

Does your plot progress well? Do your scenes connect well from one to another? Are your transitions obvious or unclear?

Does your timeline make sense? Does your story jump too often between scenes, unclearly, and indirectly confusing (and possibly annoying) the reader?

Part of the flow and pace of a story can include a prologue and an epilogue. A prologue and an epilogue can be useful tools in building your novel; however, they can also be harmful to the story if used inappropriately.

This section will focus on the feel of your story, as well as organizing how to properly order your plot and writing schedules.

Part i. The Pace of a Story
Part ii. Setting The Scene
Part iii. Planning Your Plot Timeline
Part iv. Your Writing Timeframe
Part v. Prologues
Part vi. Epilogues
Part vii. Writing in Passive vs. Active Voice

A/N: This section is considered complete. However, if there is a particular topic you need assistance with that pertains to pace, scenes, and timeline, and you do not see it here, request it! I will still add parts upon request.

Please keep in mind, the previous section also touches upon plot-related topics, so if you do not see a part here that could help you with a particular struggle of yours, check out the previous section!