Chapter 2--REJECTION

A/N: I got my first comment. So excited. :)

And that special person is...

JagodaMorys! You have gone gone down in history. Well... my history atleast.

Your Awesome!

ANYWAYS!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

READ?

<3JASON(:

                       Chapter 2--REJECTION

           After sitting on the floor pondering all the scenarios running through my mind, Cassie and Matt had been trying to get my attention. When I came back into reality, I looked up at my sister and mate, while reassuring them that I was fine. Barb looked bored and Joshua was looking at the far wall with a thoughtful look on his face. He didn’t even come and check on his own mate. This should have been a red warning flag.

            “Are you sure you are okay?” Matt was persistent.

            “Yeah. I just spaced out.”

            “Why are y’all so worried about her?” She didn’t let anyone answer. “We should be going! I have things to do!”

            “Wait! So this is your sister?” Cassie directed her question to me.

            “Can you believe it? As you can tell, I got all the looks.” Barb answered for me, oh so nicely, misinterpreting Cassie’s distaste for her as---- well, I don’t know what she thought it was. It was pretty easy to spot the distaste.

            “Yeah. All the bad ones. And she got both her own---- and mine---- inner blondeness, just for her! Can you believe it?” I mock back.

            Matt and Cassie laugh.

            Barb looks up from examining her nails. “What?”

            I raise one eyebrow. “See?”

            “Wait! You’re the Alpha’s son!” Matt suddenly exclaims. “I recognize you from training last year!”

            Young male wolves in our pack go through training before they shift for the first time so their humans will be trained enough to be able to start training in their wolf forms early. Matt shifts a week after I do. I shift in two days.

            My eyes widen in realization. My mate is the soon to be---- in two years---- alpha? No wonder this is the first time I have seen him. His dad, our Alpha, sent him to an Alpha camp in Colorado to train to be an Alpha. But he has to train here in the pack with our male wolves to be familiarized with them.

            When I look up at Joshua, I see fierce determination on his face. What could that mean?

            “JOSHUA!” Barb screeches, again. “Let’s go! Since your sister has found her mate----“ She says mate with disgust. “Let’s leave her here. And my sister can walk home. She needs the exercise.”