Chapter 3

A/N: I just saw that i have a news list... thingy. lol.

So i see that a few of the cool people have liked my book, and the other cool people added it. :)

THANKS!

And the person im dedicating this to is...  AMAZING!

ANYWAYS!

HOPE YOU LIKE!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

READ AWAY!

<3JASON

Chapter 3

            Pain. Pain was all I could feel. Shifting for the first time is painful. Then it gets easier. But I could tell this was no ordinary first shift. One, I'm shifting early. Two, I felt like I was on fire. I was told what you feel when you first shift. Long story short, your bones break and you sprout fur.

            But this was different. My bones weren’t breaking. And I wasn’t sprouting fur. No. The fire spread to where it was visible on the outside. The fire was silver. The kind of silver that puts you in awe. Wherever it touched tingled. What was left after the small fire moved elsewhere, was werewolf. But the rest of me was human.

            The pain was gone by now. I was just numb. It wasn’t a gruesome site. It was actually quite intriguing.

            After ten long minutes, I was on all fours as a huge silver werewolf with black streaks and black eyes. I knew this how? The older pack women were murmuring about it. All the men were talking about my size.

            Strangely, I didn’t feel heartbroken in wolf form like I did in human form. Don’t get me wrong. My wolf was saddened that her mate rejected her. But she knew deep down that this was supposed to happen. Well, that’s what she told me.

            “That was convenient.” Joshua said when he got over his initial shock. His voice was strong, but I could see the weariness in his eyes.

            “EVERYONE QUIET!” Barb scream-screeches. Most people covered their ears, while others glared. “Alpha Josh-y has another announcement.”

            Everyone looked up at Joshua. “Thank you.” he said this without looking at her. I saw her huff and puff out of the corner of my eye. “I, Alpha of the SilverPack, hereby banish from this pack.” With that said both of his index fingernails turned into claws and he inserted one right next to my heart, barely missing anything vital, and one right above my eyebrow. A technique only Alphas are trained to learn, so the claws don’t injure that said wolf. People were protesting immensely.

            I didn’t even whimper. I just stared into his sick, twisted eyes. He was enjoying this.

            When he took them out, the wounds immediately healed. It’s not supposed to heal that fast. I heard a collective gasp, and I could hear my parents and Cassie sobbing. I could literally hear Matt silently crying.

            Joshua took his shirt off and threw it at my feet. “Shift back.” He Alpha commanded me. But I didn’t shift because of that, I did because my wolf told me to.

            I used my werewolf speed to pull the shirt on so no one would see me naked. I glanced at the pa—SilverPack. I heard a kid saying my eyes were silver. Cool.

            “Now that you are officially not a part of this pack… I'm going to kill you, so I can mate with someone else.” There were protests of outrage. “SILENCE!” he used his Alpha command. “Surround her.” He called to his friends. And they did just that. But I wasn’t afraid. I knew he wasn’t going to kill me. Not because he couldn’t go through with it, but because I wouldn’t let him and neither would my wolf.

            Joshua brought me out of my thoughts. “When I come at you… you won’t shift. You will let me kill you.” he commanded me. The SilverPack was getting ready to step in. “STAY WHERE YOU ARE!” he commanded them.

            “Are you that stupid, Almighty Alpha?” I spat out with venom. He winced slightly at the ferocity in my voice, as did his minions. “Once you banished me your Alpha command won’t work on me anymore. Is that one of the reasons you challenged your father? Because he thought you weren’t ready? Smart enough? Or did you only do it to do all of this just so you can do my sis—Barb? How pathetic.”

            He was beyond pissed now. “I'm going to kill you!”

             Before he could even crouch to lunge at me, I had already torn the shirt off and thrown it at one of his friends, and shifted. This time I shifted in 2 seconds. It was like I exploded into a bright silver light and was my wolf once again. All his minions were blown to the ground. My wolf wasn’t silver this time, it was black with silver. Basically the opposite. Queue gasps of shock.  When he lunged at me, I sidestepped, making him smash into the ground. I ran to the far end of the field where the woods would lead away from the SilverPack land. I turned around one last time.

            ‘You can say goodbye,’ my wolf said.

            But I'm no longer a part of the pack.

            ‘Just tell the ones you love.’

            I though of my mom, dad, Matt, and Cassie.

            “”I’ll be back. I love you.””

            They gasped in shock.

            I started to turn towards the woods, but my wolf made me turn back.

            ‘Wait, I have something to say.’

            How--?

            “”SilverPack. I will return. Some of you, when that time comes, I will be your savior… for others, I will be your destroyer.”” My wolf said—out loud!—to the SilverPack, with her beautiful voice.

            When I finally did turn to the woods, I heard an uproar start. Right before I ran off faster than any wolf should be able to, I heard certain shouts.

            “ANYA--!” Matt, Cassie, and my parents.

            “Good riddance!” Barb.

            And one very quiet, “What have I done?”

~

~

~

~

            Joshua.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~