Chapter 1

Don't Notice Me:

The brunette walked over to the other, a fake smile plastered on his plastic face. The boy glimpsed at him and waved excitedly. His heart skipped a beat as he approached him further.

" Hey Stiles! Where'd you go yesterday? You missed a lotta chicks." he chuckled.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I um, had to take my new dog to the clinic." he felt bad for lying, but what else could he do? There was nothing of the sort! He doesn't even own a dog!

" Since when did you adopt a dog?" he asked confused. He should be. Stiles panicked and his heart almost stopped.

" Well...last night! When else? It was a surprise from my parents." he shrugged.

"Really? Well, you've got to let me see it. Bring it to the clinic again next time." Scott nudged. "Will do Scotty!" he chuckled.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that! We're in out senior years for god's sake! It's embarrassing." he flustered. Stiles chuckled. He was so cute.

"But I've been calling you that since first grade." he reasoned. "Well yeah, but it's not like you're going to keep calling me that." he groaned.

Stiles' smile dropped do an instance but almost suddenly came back. "Yeah." he managed to croak out.

"Anyway, what are you dong here?" he asked looking around the empty locker spaces. "Oh, I'm skipping to meet up with someone." he said casually.

"Who?" Stiles asked suddenly interested by the topic. His head perked up and Scott couldn't resist the urge to mess his now short spiky hair.

"Hey! That took forever to finish!" Stiles croaked. He was moping. Scott laughed. "Sorry bro, old habits die hard." he grinned. The two boys chuckled. But their moment was ruined as a familiar brunette walked in.

"Scotty!" Stiles cringed at the nickname. He turned to be faced by the familiar blue eyed beauty, Allison, also known as Scott's girlfriend. All the sprit in his body instantaneously dropped and a broken hole was left in it's place.

"All! You're late!" Scott grinned. Stiles watched as his whole face brightened up at her sight and his heart felt stabbed.

"So sorry for being late Scotty. The teacher wont get off my back." again, Stiles cringed at the sound of the nickname. "It's fine All." Scott assured kissing her temple.

Stiles watched again as the happy couple continued flirting with each other in front of him. This is fine, it's normal. But please stop.

"Anyway, Stiles, got go. You'd better head back to class soon." he urged. Stiles nodded not wanting to speak, because he knew if he tried to speak now they would hear the crack in his voice.

He stared as the two walked arms in each other's waists out of the school perimeter. As soon as they were out of sight, his legs became jelly and he flopped down to the floor. He won't cry, he won't cry. He chanted the words again and again, and it worked. It always did.

His mouth quivered frantically and his whole body shook tremendously. But he shed no tears. He was only grateful that no one was over there t this time.

Feeling no need to head back to class, instead he grabbed a blue notepad from his locker and went up to the roof. It was a bit difficult, with the shaky legs and all, but he managed.

Once up, he sat himself down beside the metal door and opened his book. It was filled with similar words written over and over again. They were rules.

Rules written in that tiny book to remind him every single day  that, he wasn't his. The first page was highlighted by bold words that wrote 'REMEMBER'. He began to read them over and over again.

He's not yours

He loves her

Run away

Don't think of him

Don't call out for him

You'll only get hurt

Stay away

Your disgusting

He doesn't love you

He chanted the words again and again. But no matter how many times he repeat, no matter how many times he regret, he couldn't remember, no. He doesn't WANT to remember.

He was angry at Scott's neglect, Allison's clinginess. But those were just excuses. The truth was, he was angry at his cowardice.

Why must he be so weak? So powerless? So ugly? He wanted to run away. He wanted die. But he can't, because he has Scott.

As long as he doesn't find out, he could be by his side, he could watch his true love be happy without him, get married to the woman he loves so dearly, have children. All of this while he stood by his side always known only as his childhood friend, and he would be fine.

He won't even move on, he won't ever feel love again, but it was worth it to see him happy. It was worth his precious smile, his soft green eyes.

It was fine the way it was, nothing can ever change that, nothing will, and that was what he wanted.