Chapter 23

-Scott-

I balled my palms. "Your lying" I gritted through clenched teeth. She sighed in exasperation and rubbed her temple. "Afraid not. See, your sweet little 'girlfriend' has been telling the whole school that Stiles was gay ever since she set her eyes on you."

"Your lying!" I repeated myself. I didn't want to accept it. I couldn't! Allison had been so nice to Stiles. She'd been so supportive. Why would she do that?

Lydia scoffed. "Wow, you'd rather believe that bitch than your childhood friends? I was wrong about you Scott, I thought you'd actually be there for Stiles. He was right, I shouldn't have bothered telling you." She snarled at me and left running after Derek.

I unclenched my fists. My heart feeling empty. She was right. They were all right. Stiles probably hated me now. Lydia too. And Derek. All of them. They hated me.

And this all happened because I fell in love...

-Derek-

I rushed through the empty corridors. Most kids were already in their next classes, but I knew he wouldn't be going.

Where was he? I slammed a fist onto one of the lockers in frustration. "Stiles! Where are you?" I yelled out my final option. No response.

I groaned as I slid down the floor. Why couldn't I have been there for him? I could've helped him. If only I was quick enough.....

"Derek, your a stupid idiot." Lydia's voice haunted me. "Yea...probably..." I muttered to myself. "Wow, I'm surprised you admitted it." she chuckled. That was when I realised the brunette's presence behind me.

She waved a lazy hand and smirked. I snarled, "What do you want, bitch?" She snarled back at me, "The same thing you do, asshole." My eyes softened, mostly out of exhaustion.

"I should've came sooner." I whispered. Tears struck my eyes, and I couldn't help feeling uncool. She squatted down beside me, fixing her knee length skirt. "You came as fast as you could."

"But he got hurt. Most importantly, I wasn't with him through his comma! What kind of brother am I?" I cracked. She placed a soothing hand on my shoulder. "Your a stupid, irresponsible, impulsive," she listed. A tick went off on my head. Before I could retort, she smiled, "but great brother."

I smiled. "Thanks" She smiled back, and for a moment, she looked the slightest bit prettier, "Anytime"