Chapter 24

-Scott-

I'd slapped myself awake. It wasn't the time to be kicking myself in the gut. Stiles was on the loose.

I ran around the whole school, past filled classrooms carefully trying not to be caught. The an horrid thought came to me.

What if he...

My feet ran impulsively. Without thinking, I ran to the stairs, my legs not stopping even for a second.

-Lydia-

Derek became quiet for a bit, and a bad feeling came across me. I shook his shoulders roughly, he snarled. "Derek...we have to go! Stiles...Stiles might be..." he seemed to get what I was trying to say because we were on our feet in a heart beat.

-Scott-

My breath was ragged when I finally reached the top. The door was jammed so I tried pushing it with the weight of my body. "Come on! Stupid door!...fuck! Stiles! Are you there? Open the door!" I yelled.

"..otty?" I heard him whisper from the other side. My eyes widened. Small sniffles followed. "G-get away from here! Go away!" he pleaded. I pushed the door harder.

"Stiles! Please don't do what I think your doing! Please!" I begged him. His sniffles turned to cries. "And why shouldn't I? You hate me anyway. What do I do now? Mom's gone...no one can punish me anymore for thinking this way....dad doesn't care....what do I do now Scott?"

The name hit me hard. "Stiles...how long have you..?" I asked ambiguously. He picked up my question. "A few minutes ago. When you confronted me..." he confessed, "I failed once, but I won't fail twice. This time I know for sure, I'll die."

My eyes bulged. "Stiles, please. I beg you..." my voice cracked. I realised tears had strung my eyes. I hiccuped as I pushed the door in vain. "Please...don't..."

A knock came from the door. "I'm sorry Scott, I'm sorry...for taking advantage of you when you were dunk, for having this baby inside me, for losing my painful...but sweet memories of you. I don't want to live witht he guilt anymore, I want to die." he cried.

Every word stung my chest. He's going to leave me. He'll die, and I won't be able to save him. I pushed the door harder with my remaining strength. "Don't do this! Stiles! Don't do it! Or...or I'll hate you!"

The words were of anger, but a sudden silence immersed. "It's ok" he finally said, his voice quivering, "It's ok if you hate me Scott.... but please, don't forget about me. Even if you come to hate me, even if it is selfish, I beg you, don't forget me." he cried.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore as I cried out. "Bye Scott, I love you." he whispered. The sentence gave me one last energy to strike. This time, the door busted open, just as he stood on the edge of the building.

His eyes bulged red, tears still falling down. Then he smiled nonchalantly at me. I ran as quick as I could as he pushed away from the rim. My hands stretched for his.

Just a bit more....

I clasped his hand, but the action made my body lean, as I was about to fall with him, strong arms clamped around my waist. My heart almost busted out of my chest as I clung onto Stiles' chest. He'd fainted by the whole dilemma, but I didn't loosen my grip.

I looked back at a struggling Derek and Lydia who were pulling us up slowly. I smiled thankfully at them. "Derek...Lydia...you came" I grinned when we were safely on the ground.

They panted heavily. "You guys need to cut back on the bacon." Lydia retorted. Derek nodded vainly. "Thank you" I chuckled. "Of course" Derek snarled, "He's my little brother! You, on the other hand, I would've let g-ow! Watch it bitch!" he growled as Lydia slapped his head.

"Shut up! The guy almost committed double suicide!" she spat. Derek grumbled to himself. "Anyway, we should get him to the hospital." her voice softened. I nodded.

Stiles, please be safe. I love you too much to lose you again.