Chapter 20

Aaryana's POV

How could I give him another chance? He hurt me once, he can do it again. Yes, I felt bad because I kept the kids away from him, but that doesn't mean that I had to give him another chance. I need to talk to someone about this, get some advice. I don't know if I did the right thing or not.

I went to Antoine's office, where I knew either him or dad would be. I knocked on the slightly ajar door and heard my father say, "Come in."

"Dad, I need your help. I don't know if I made the right choice, so I need some advice." I told him. He nodded his head for me to continue. "Well, Brentin came here, he found out about the kids and I told him that I would give him a second chance. But just as friends, nothing more and nothing less right now. I want the kids to be able to know their father, so that's the reason why I said it."

"Well, Aaryana, the choice is yours. Every man should have the chance to know his children. But, if I were you, I wouldn't forgive him as easily. I mean, he did cheat on you for two years, so don't forgive him that easily. Make him earn your trust back. Make him see how you felt when you found him cheating on you, if need be. The one thing I want to know is what all did he say when you made this choice." He said.

"He said, 'I want; no I need to be in their lives. I need to be able to help them, watch as they take their first step, say their first words; I want to be able to build memories with them.' That's what he told me about the kids. Then he told me, 'Well, right now, I'll take what I can get. If it's just friendship and seeing our kids, I'm okay with that. But I will prove myself to you and the kids. And, I never said I'm sorry, but I am. You will never know how sorry I am. You will never know how much I regret everything that I put you through. You will never know how hard it is for me to see the disappointment and disgust in your eyes when you look at me. But I will prove it all to you.' That's what he said about us." I told my dad.

I watched the emotions flash across his face before he quickly put on an emotionless face. "It seems to me that he really didn't start trying until he found out about the kids. He has three kids that are his. That he knows are his. So, maybe that's why he is saying all of that. What are you going to do to make him prove himself?" He asked.

"I don't know, dad. I haven't thought that far ahead. That's why I came to you for advice. What am I supposed to do?" I asked him.

"That is up to you Aary. Put him through hell. Make him rue the day that he ever cheated on you. Make him feel your pain. Hell, make him jealous. I don't know. That's all I have right now. But, whatever you do don't let him play you for a fool. He fooled you for two years; don't let him do it again." He told me. I nodded. "Also, since it's just friendship right now, see what he's willing to do to prove himself. See how sorry he really is. See how much he really regrets everything he did. Until then, keep that disappointed look in your eyes."

"Thank you dad, and just so you know, he won't make a fool of me again. This is a trial run." I told him. I then hugged him and went back up to my children. I thought about everything he told me. I mean I could do all of that, would he accept all the challenges or would he give up at the first sign of trouble? Did he really regret everything? Was my dad right that it was just about the kids? Do I really want to make him jealous? Do I really want to make him feel my pain? Will he once again play me for a fool? How far is he willing to go to prove himself?

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice someone else in my room until I walked into them. I looked up to see............

Julie's POV

I have been locked up for about 4 days. Aaryana has always come in here to torture me. She comes every day. She comes in at least 3-4 times a day. She will beat me with a whip, cut me with a knife, weaken me with wolfs bane and silver. She already pulled all of my fingernails off, so she couldn't do that anymore. But, she more than makes up for it, She has let guys come in here and beat me too. The only thing she hasn't allowed is rape, which surprises me yet makes me happy. She keeps trying to get more information on Kip and the attack.