Chapter 13

Alexander woke up quite early before everyone else.

He nudged the others to wake up as well, but they refused to do so. Irritated, he ran out of the tent and filled a large bucket of water from a nearby man-made lake.

Slowly he walked into the tent, and waited for a few seconds. After counting three seconds he raised the bucket high in the air and tilted towards his fellow sleepy heads.

All three sleeping bodies jolted and let a out a short scream at the sudden feeling. Alexander couldn't help but hide in a giggle.

"AAAHHHHH!!!" George yelled, a whole two seconds after being splashed by the water.

"George, why are you screaming, now?" Alexander questioned him with amusement.

"It was just one second of water splash! And what was that? You screamed after quite a delay?" Fernando questioned as well.

"You old man! I love your late reactions," Henry added and everyone laughed their hearts out, including Alexander.

"I was just having a dream that there was going to be a huge flood, and later it turned out that there was going to be no flood at all so I was relieved. But then when I felt that huge load of water on my face, it affected my dreams as though I was drowning in a flood - even though I was already awake. It was just weird and complicated, okay!"

"Fellows, get your guns out. Today's target practice," Alexander turned serious again.

Within a few seconds they all got their guns out and headed outside to the field. Many target boards were placed in a line next to each other. Hundreds of other soldiers were there as well for the practice.

"Well hello Alexander!" one of the soldiers approached them, "and greetings to your little wimpy minions," he smirked disgustingly.

Alexander glared at him, "First of all, they are not wimps. They are some of the bravest soldiers I know, and second of all, they are not my minions. They are my dearest friends."

"Yes yes so sweet," the soldier said sarcastically.

"I think you should get practicing, or else you'll only be shooting the trees instead our enemies," Alexander smirked, and his friends chortled.

The soldier walked off mumbling, "you irritating blasted morons."

"He should be irritated at himself," George said annoyed, "that brainless idiot."

"Who is he Alexander? How do you know him?" Fernando asked with curiosity.

"His name is Jack. We studied in the same university. We never really got along. Most of the time whenever we interacted, we'd just call each other odd nicknames and brush past each other. He was a blasted fool even since then."

"Jack, huh?" George said angrily, "well I got lots of nicknames for him in my head!"

"Easy George, let's just ignore that moron and get practicing."

***

Cassandra had been so much happier than she had been a week before.

She not only get's to see Alexander, but she can also work! She won't have to feel useless anymore, awkwardly doing simple chores in her in-law's home.

Another flyer was placed at the door step of their house.

Coincidentally, Cassandra had been looking at out the door at that moment, as it was kept open for some fresh air. She ran towards the door and pick up the flyer to see any updates.

"Women out there! Please do take this opportunity! We need army nurses, as there are several hundred soldiers fighting for our country! Don't miss this chance!-"

Is this the same flyer that came a few days ago?

"Those you who have already decided to take on the important job, this is an important update for you!"

Oh okay then, well let's see what it is.

"The army nurse training will be earlier than originally scheduled. It is to take place on March 10th instead! We apologize for this late notice, but this seems to be convenient for new plan. After the training, you will all be taken directly from there to the Charleston, South Carolina in a vehicle. We will be going around the state picking up the to-be army nurses. Along with New York, the same thing will be happening in Pennsylvania. See you all at the training!"

Cassandra stared back at the flyer, confused.

She read the flyer several times to make sure she wasn't reading it wrong.

After realizing that she had been reading it correctly the entire time, she stood back in shock.

"March 10th! That's in two days!"