Chapter 37

Three months later

"Ouch! Mama, why so tight?" Lilly whined as her mother tied the strings on the back of her wedding dress.

"Only a few hours, darling," her mother chided, "And It's looking absolutely gorgeous on you!" 

"I can definitely say the same about Meredith and Jenny," Cassandra beamed as she adjusted the veils on their heads.

"Can you believe that this is actually happening?" Meredith said in wonder, "We're getting married, in a few hours! I don't even know how to feel! But I do know that I'm feeling ecstatic as ever."

"I wasn't anywhere near this excited when I was getting married," Cassandra remarked, "I can't even begin to tell you how - what's the word - awkward  that entire day was. All I wanted to do was just run into Mama's arms and stay there forever."

"Oh Lord," Jenny shook her head slowly, "I can't even imagine how that must have felt. If I'd known you better then, I would have been comforting and trying keep you feeling relaxed."

"And you know," Cassandra continued, "as I was walking down the aisle, I made the mistake of glancing at Alexander, oh Lord. He gave me this look and I could have sworn that he was going to murder me that night."

"What in the world!" Meredith exclaimed, "Alexander? No way. In that case, he must have changed...a lot."

"When we were with her," Lilly mentioned, "all we were doing was squealing at the fact that our sister was getting married, we didn't even think about how she felt inside...I'm sorry for that, Cassie," she mumbled as she gave her sister a bear hug. 

"Oh, you poor thing," Isabella hugged her daughter as well, "Most brides feel that way, but we should be thankful that these three lucked out, right?"

"Also," Gabriella added, "look at you two now! I've been thanking the Lord everyday for how close He had brought you and Alexander over the past few years."

"As have I," Cassandra smiled. 

***

George, Henry, and Fernando anxiously waited as the sat on some comfy looking chairs that were in the grooms' dressing room.

"I'm excited..." Henry began.

"But also nervous," George continued. 

"Good," Alexander grinned, "That's how you're supposed to feel."

"I'm sure for a fact that Alexander was ready to blow up the entire wedding hall during his marriage with Cassandra," Fernando joked as George and Henry laughed.

"I can't say that's false," Alexander chuckled then sighed, "but I shouldn't have felt like that, I should have been greatfu-"

"Uh," Cassandra awkwardly stepped into their room, "The brides, um, are ready."

"So it's time for us to escort them!" Harold exclaimed to the other fathers and all the men fast walked out of the room.

Alexander walked out last and kissed Cassandra on her forehead, "See you at the hall."

***

There were about two hundred guests with three alters in the wedding hall, and each groom waited for their bride as the fathers escorted their daughters down the three aisles. 

Halfway down the aisle, Lilly and Jenny looked up at their respective alters then at their fathers.

"STOP!" Lilly and Jenny yelled in unison.