Chapter 1

Lana

Lana

Quickly rushing into my room I took off my clothing and walked straight into the bathroom. The warm water was already working wonders for my sore skin. This was just what I had needed after a long day. I could feel my body relaxing and my muscles were beginning to unwind.

I closed my eyes as I remembered the mission of earlier today. The screaming of people begging for me not to kill them still rang in my ears. And I could still feel their blood running down my fingers.

"Don't beg me for your life, it only makes me want to kill you even more" I'd tell them and smile as I pulled the trigger

The organization wanted them all gone because they had made one mistake. A mistake that can lead them to us. If everyone found out about us then we couldn't do what we did best. It would be goodbye to life of crime and hello to imprisonment. So they sent one of the best; me.

It's been 9 years since I've been here although it hardly feels like it. To me doing this had always felt right. I had chosen this and if I had to choose again I'd make the same one. So many years have passed by and so many things have happened. To this day I still find myself on a new adventure and whenever I think I've seen it all I'm hit with something new.

The last few years I have spent it from place to place not really calling one home. I had met people from all over the world. And I was only able to trust a handful of people with some showing me trust was not easily given even if they make it seem like it should.

And there are some times that I catch myself thinking of my home. I think about how life was much simpler when I was younger. When Caitlin and I would stay up to help her study for an exam or when Mom would take me into her office to spend time with me or even when dad would sit with me and teach me a new song.

I still write letters home every so often so they know I'm doing fine and to let them know I was still alive. I even watch over them from time to time without them knowing and as long as no one here knows who they are then they are safe.

After what seemed like hours I got out of the shower and changed into something more comfortable. Grabbing some pain medicine, I took a few pills knowing my body was going to feel sore tomorrow from how many times I was thrown against the walls.

As I walked around my room cleaning up I noticed a letter on my mirror stand. Sitting on the chair and I opened it to see it was from Bette. To this day I am still grateful I had someone who had my back here. As many times as everyone told me to look out for no one but myself I knew I could count on her for anything. She and I had gotten really close after I got here. She made sure I was well trained and even helped me out on my first mission. She was the only one who has ever truly looked out for me in this place.

I read over the letter which congratulated me on a mission well done and a happy birthday.

I got up from the chair and went to lay on my bed. The room was already dark so I closed my eyes and just waited for sleep to come over me. I could hear light noises coming from outside my door but that only made me feel a little better knowing people were still out there working. When things got quiet that was when I would start to worry. It was never quiet in here unless something was happening.