Chapter 30

Lana

I stood inside my loft looking out through the window. I looked out as I watched the birds fly by. I was feeling better my body was no longer sore. I looked at my arm and could still see the stitches but it didn't hurt as before. I turned looking around for Shade and saw her curled up on the same spot she slept with Josh. At every movement she heard outside the door she would look up to stare waiting for him to walk in. I wondered if she was going through the same thing I was when I first came back. Denial. She sat waiting just as I did waiting for those doors to open and see him walk in.

I looked back at the window and saw the sun begin to set. I turned to my phone when I heard it ring and grabbed it. I answered the phone without looking at the screen.

"Yes?" I say walking back to the window

"Hey I was wondering if you had plans for tonight"

I look at the phone screen to see Barry's name. Instantly I smiled at hearing his voice.

"No plans whatsoever, what do you have in mind?" I asked

I had just realized that it had been so long since we actually talked. After Josh died I left town without even an explanation and I knew he needed one. Also, I hoped maybe today was the day he would tell me he was the flash. Although I knew I shouldn't expect it he needed to first trust me before he told me.

"Well I'm having pizza with Joe and was wondering if you wanted to come?" He asked and I could tell he was nervous "I figured now that you're home maybe we could finally talk?"

"Pizza huh count me in" I say chuckling "I'll meet you there"

"Okay see you there" he says laughing

I go over to try on an outfit. I looked into the mirror and decided this one was too revealing. I try another and another not knowing which one to choose. I looked again into the mirror finally deciding this one was the one.

The drive to Joe's house was short. Before knocking on the door I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Just then as I stared at the door my mind began to race as it always did. I took a step back wondering if maybe this was a trap. Maybe they had somehow agreed they would take me in after escaping from the police. I thought that maybe they had decided it would be best to arrest me and lured me down here. But then I thought about how I always let my fears get the best of me.

"I can't do this" I say seeing the door open at the same time

"Lana" joe says smiling "come in"

"Detective" I say nervously

"Please call me joe, you are practically family" he says

I look at him confused. Practically family? Because of me his daughter was almost killed.

"Because you're Caitlin's sister, not that I'm pressuring you and Barry" he quickly says looking at Barry

"I'm glad you could make it" Barry says hugging me "oh I'm sorry does it hurt?" He says looking at my shoulder

I looked at him and smiled. Yes if I wouldn't have known he was the flash I would have asked how he knew.

"No it's healing quickly" I tell him

I turn back to see Joe and see him smiling leaning against the wall watching us. When he realized I was looking at him he cleared his throat and quickly stood to walk to the table.

"You look nervous, don't be. I was able to clear everything with the commissioner. After the job you did with the Hans family I explained to him how you had been framed by the person going around the city killing people. I mean we still haven't found them but are bound to. Although they haven't killed anyone recently they ,most likely moved on but hopefully we catch them soon" Joe says