Chapter 28

Lana

Lana

My eyes quickly shot open when I felt someone touching my face. I looked at the small hand and then looked up to see Damon standing at the side of my bed. He smiled as he left his open hand on my cheek and held onto his blanket with his other hand.

"Morning bud" I say turning to the window to see the sun hadn't even risen yet "you're up really early"

"Good morning" he says smiling wide

I stared into his light eyes and felt my heart warm. His dark hair was messy seeing as he had just woken up. He smiled showing his teeth and I could see he was missing one front tooth.

"Good morning" I say back while I get up from bed

He took this as his chance to climb up and lay where I had just gotten up from. He smiled widely at me as he watched me get up and begin to clean around the room.

I had left the bed as one of the last things to do before finishing up. Finally noticing I was done he got off the bed also. As I stepped closer to the bed I grabbed the blanket and began to fix it with Damon also helping me.

Once we were done in my room we moved onto his room. I helped him fix his bed and put away the toys on the floor.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked "couldn't sleep?"

"I'm not tired" he simply said as he handed me the pillow "can we eat and then play?"

"Let's go eat then" I say holding his small hand as we walked into the kitchen

Once we made it to the kitchen I saw some of the ladies from last night already setting up the table.

"I see this little one woke you up already" one of the ladies says placing a plate in front of me and Damon

We all ate and by the time we finished we cleaned up and one of the ladies took Damon to get him ready for the morning. I went into my own room and got ready myself.

By the time I got out of my room and into the living room I saw Damon and Carl together.

"I have to go into the office for a couple hours before we leave for the event" Carl says looking at me "can you look out for him until I come back? My wife will be home just don't leave Damon alone with her" he says the last part only for me to hear

Little by little I was beginning to realize that if Susan Hans had a choice she would never have been a mother. I could tell by the way the staff grew weary whenever Susan was around Damon. I knew by the way she looked at Damon as if there was no connection there as if she was looking at another person's child.

"Uh, ok yeah I'll stay at his side" I tell him

"If she says anything you tell her it's your job to stay at his side even with her" he says before hugging Damon goodbye "I'll see you later bud"