Book Two - Sweet Vendetta

Lana

Lana

The yells had stopped all too quickly.

I held tightly onto my gun making sure it didn't fall from my grip. It was my first mission out since I had come back to AliPhil and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. I could hear the gunshots not too far from where I stood.

I looked around hoping he wouldn't run past me. Even I knew it was dumb of them to set up a warehouse in Central city. But AliPhil wanted it that way so they could easily kill these people; and what AliPhil wants AliPhil gets.

I stood against the wall leaning on it taking deep breaths trying to steady my heartbeat. It felt so weird to be back, especially being on this side. I had spent so long being free, being with people I cared for. And in the end all I've done, all that's happened it didn't matter. It didn't change who I was deep down. A killer. Their view of me had never changed and I learned that the hard way.

"Now or never" I whisper to myself

I quickly ran out from where I was hiding and saw the guys we were here to kill.

"I thought I'd never see you again" one of them says "you're dumb to come back into this after you got out. And to them no less"

"I was never out you know that" I say pointing my gun in his direction

He quickly pulled his gun up but I didn't give him enough time to shoot at me because as soon as he reached for his gun I shot at him first. I could hear someone behind me yelling but I wasn't quick enough. I felt someone jump on my back bringing me down to my knees.

I moved my arm quickly, elbowing him in the face but he still didn't let go. After I hit him a few more times I realized he wasn't going to let go. I could feel his arm tighten around my throat cutting off my breathing. When it was getting harder for me to breathe I reached into my boot pulling out a knife. When I was sure I had a good grip on it I quickly stabbed the guy that was holding me in his face.

I could hear him yelling when he finally let go. I continued to cough as I tried to breathe in. When I was back on my feet I looked as he was still yelling and pulling out the knife that was sticking out of his eye.

"Gross" I gagged taking a breath "Let me put you out of your misery" I say grabbing the gun from the ground

I stood in front of him holding the gun out as he looked up at me. I could see his tears rush out of his eye as it mixed in with blood, but he looked relieved. And in that moment I knew what he wanted, he wanted out just like so many other people.

"Thank you" he whispered before I shot three bullets into his chest

"Lana"

I quickly turned around pulling the gun with me but dropped it when it was shot out of my hand. I looked around where I stood seeing I was surrounded.