Chapter 35

Lana

We all stood out in the open rain. I looked down at the grave Henry Allen now rested in.

I couldn't help but be reminded of Josh's funeral. It was a small ceremony with only immediate family, that's how they had wanted it. Of course they had asked me to come but I couldn't bring myself to face them. Instead I stood far in the back hiding as I watched them lower Josh's coffin onto the ground. I could still feel the pain of crying in my throat and the soreness of my red eyes.

Now, I stood beside Barry holding out my umbrella. I see just how hard it is for Barry to talk about his dad.

"I can't do this right now" Barry says stepping back

I took a step closer to him just enough to stand right beside him. I held out my hand and put it over his shoulder giving him a light squeeze. Joe then began to speak. I looked at Barry as Joe talked. He looked down at the casket with pain in his eyes. By the time Joe was done speaking Barry went to grab a flower from the side to put on the casket.

"I'm gonna find him dad, I promise you I'm gonna take from him what he took from you"

I could hear Barry speaking and took a deep breath. He wanted revenge, something I knew all too well. I knew the feeling of wanting nothing more than to kill the person responsible for causing you so much pain.

By the time we were at Joe's house it was night time. The rain had barely begun to stop. I sat on the kitchen chair next to Cisco. And I looked to where Barry stood looking out the window. Every once in a while everyone looks to Barry to make sure he is fine or even still here. I looked up at Caitlin who stood beside me. She gave me a light smile as she combed her hand through my hair. I closed my eyes, enjoying every second of it. It was a feeling I had grown to love, a feeling I never thought I'd have again. I felt at peace whenever Josh ran his fingers through my hair and for a moment I felt it right now again.

"Are you feeling fine?" She asks me

I touched my stomach feeling the baby bump and smiled.

"We're fine" I say

"I'm glad you're both okay" Caitlin says

"So much is happening we can't even stop to think what this could mean" Cisco says "with Jay feeling the speed force inside of you, in your baby"

"When this is over we can come up with all of the theories" I say "but now we should focus on zoom"

I looked over at Barry and saw him talking to Wally.

"Guys. Zooms still out there we need to come up with a plan" Barry says

"The man can crack open breaches to earth 2 I mean if he can do that what else can he do that we don't know about" Cisco says

"Right after he killed his time remnant he told me I was almost ready" Barry says

"Almost ready for what" Iris speaks up

"Well that's not confusing" I say

"Yup classic psychopath why can't they just say what they want to do. We also have to figure out why I keep seeing earth 2 being ripped to shreds" Cisco says

"I'm gonna get some air alright" Barry says walking away

I look around to see everyone is looking at me. I stood from where I sat with Caitlin holding onto me making sure I wouldn't fall.

"I got it thank you" I smile at her

I open the door and close it behind me. I looked to the stairs and saw Barry sitting looking back at me then turning to look out. The cold wind brushed past me and I held my coat tighter around me. I took a step down the stairs and sat beside Barry.