Chapter 9

Lana

Lana

After working all night I had finally gotten home and was ready to sleep. I needed to rest seeing as I had another shift in a few hours. I walked out of the elevator ending the call on my phone. It was from Alex saying some detective named Joe West had stopped by asking for me right after I had left.

And it wasn't the first time either. The same detective has stopped by numerous times at work and even here at the apartment and it was beginning to annoy me. I put the key to my apartment door and pushed open the door. I walked in, putting my bag on the table beside the door and walked to the kitchen pouring myself a glass of water.

"Honey, I'm home!" I yelled out

My back was facing the back of the room when I heard a noise, I looked behind me seeing Josh. I could see him walking in from the back doors coming in from out back.

"Still hiding out? Tell me what have you done now?" I asked him drinking from my cup

"What haven't I done" he says leaning against some furniture smirking

"The cops are after you?" I say sitting down on the sofa staring at him

"I got in with the wrong people Lana" he says letting out a deep breath and laying on my bed as if he was defeated "job gone wrong turns out the people i was working with are not reliable"

"Josh" I exhale "what went wrong you were on the right path after we found your birth family" I say

"I needed the money for my foster family turns out Tommy is a real jerk but the people I was working with they screwed up and we all got caught" he says leaning on his arms to look at me

"Well you can lay low here I've got your back josh" I say "also did you happen to drop by an alley before you bumped into me?" I question

"Yeah" he says reaching into his pocket and pulling out the knife "I've got your back too" he smiles

"I actually went back to make sure you had gotten everything I should have trusted you to take care of it" I say

"I see you've been busy since coming here. Are you under the flash's radar?" he laughs

"I guess" I say shrugging my shoulders, "I'm just having some fun"

He chuckles for a moment before meeting my eyes, "Fun huh? Well be safe I always say. Out there in the streets and in the sheets I mean"

I look at him and laugh as I reach down to throw a small pillow in his direction.

"I know you Lana" he says laughing after catching the pillow "be safe when you are out there. Or else who will have my back when you are being imprisoned"

I smile nodding my head knowing he would still have my back even if I was imprisoned. For as long as I had known Josh I knew he was reliable, he always had been. For the years we went to school together he was always at my side helping me cause trouble and getting me out of it.