Chapter 26

Lana

Lana

After finally waking up early in the morning I began to clean around the loft making sure to leave it spotless. Once I came back from this mission I wanted to get home to a clean place and just relax.

I looked at my phone screen and read Caitlin's text. She said she needed to talk to me as soon as possible. I had decided I would make this quick because I needed to leave to make it in time. I got dressed and left my loft and headed to her apartment, wondering what she wanted to talk to me about.

When I got to her floor I knocked on the door and waited for Caitlin to open the door.

"Come in" she says from inside the apartment

I open the door and let myself in and see Caitlin sitting on her couch. She turned to look at me and I could see something was wrong. Shade quickly purred as she leaned on my legs.

"There you are" I smile picking her up

I held her close to me as I turned to look at Caitlin.

"I've got to make this quick, what's up?" I say sitting on the couch beside her

I watch as she watches me so carefully. Her eyes watch every movement that I make. I couldn't help but feel she felt further from me than ever before. Her eyes then stared down at my hands and I could tell she looked at the raw flesh on my knuckles.

"What's wrong?" I ask her placing Shade beside me

She pulls out a picture and lays it on the coffee table for me to see. I look down at it seeing it's a picture of someone wearing a suit similar to mine. I look at Caitlin again as she stands from the couch. She looked from her hands and then met my eyes.

"This isn't you right?" She questions me

"What?" I look at her waiting for her to say she was kidding but she never did, "of course not, No" I say not believing she would doubt me

"The truth Lana" she says as if she didn't believe me

"I am telling you the truth" I say, also standing and taking a few steps back "Are you doubting me?"

She looked guilty for just a second and part of me felt like I had just walked into a trap.

"People have been killed and it's by this person wearing your suit. Do you know who it is?" she asks her voice barely audible "if you do you have to tell me please"

I couldn't believe her, I opened my mouth then closed it again not able to find the words to say. I knew this was bound to happen. They would make me look like a bad person so I could feel alone and have no other choice but to join them. But hearing Caitlin doubt me hurt more than anything.

"You're kidding me right" I scoff

Caitlin looked at me with a disappointing look on her face. If it was directed at me or herself I wasn't sure.