↤ ONE ↦

Niall's eyes shoot open at the sound of the blaring 'dings' of the alarm. He slowly raises his hand to turn it off, feeling the tiredness surround him already. Although he wanted to sleep in, he'd die - literally - from the people sleeping a floor above him.

Currently, it was four-thirty in the morning. The blond couldn't tell if there was sunlight outside as he was placed in the basement for future resting. It was uncomfortable, to say to the least, but he had to endure it or again, be faced with death.

Cold tiles started to press against his feat as he stepped down. In honesty, they weren't really tiles. Just stone floor that were called tiles because the vampire was in denial for how he was really living.

"Fuck," Niall muttered, extremely quietly. It was freezing and he knew it, but there was nothing to do about it.

He pulled on a sweater that's been worn a trillion times and walked lightly up the crooked-wooden staircase that connected his disgusting grey area to the neatly polished wood flooring. Everything was clean - because of him - and everything looked the same, daily - because of him. The idea of the apartment was to look gorgeous because it was simply their standards... because of him.

Nobody thanked him because it was because of him.

The Irishman went to the curtains and pulled them back, glancing at the dim streets. It was a breathtaking sight but only some things could last so long.

He sighed, tying the fabric to the side; later repeating the movement to the next twenty-three large windows. Each of them gave him a beautiful view until the sun started to peak through the hills.

Currently thirty minutes have passed since awakening. Vampires weren't supposed to be up this early, anyways, but these morning house chores being undone would've lead him to his death. Usually beings like him slept during the day, but things were different.

Quickly, Niall walked quietly as he can to avoid making noise but still being efficient.

Breakfast today was going to be eggs, sausage, refried beans, toast, and a steak, plus a choice drink of coffee or freshly-squeezed orange juice. It was a simple breakfast, but any mistakes would be troublesome.

Two hours later, he was done with the meal and set up. Every plate was fixed to be at proper places and all the kitchen tools were cleaned and polished. It wasn't for another thirty minutes for everyone to come up. Taking the opportunity, Niall relaxed into a high-stool by the counter.

However, for Niall, as he was ready, he didn't really have to eat anything. More-so, he was scared. Vampires don't require food, they're only a reward. All they need is some blood from their human bond partners and they're set for a month. Depending on the amount - some are weaker than others.

But what he was scared for was beating. Every month they go buy groceries fit for a household of FOUR. Niall being in that household made it FIVE. The one time he tried to satisfy his tastebuds, he was screamed at and squished under many feet for 'wasting food'.

"Niall?" A tired, but high, voice shook him from his thoughts.

Niall turned to the voice to see Louis at the top of the descending staircase from his room upstairs. He was softly gripping the edge with one hand, covering his mouth to yawn with the other. The brunette was dressed in a t-shirt and some boxers, looking average as usual.

"Yes, sir?" Niall asked politely. He was told to refer to his mates to that wherever they were as he still didn't 'deserve' the proper title yet.