↤ NINE ↦

3k reads and 300 votes. thank you :) please read carefully. every detail has a purpose

Nine PM: Party
Ten PM: Incident
Three AM: Hospital

They were all sitting outside of Niall's room, not permitted to go in just yet for investigation and health. By two AM, they'd lost all the will to have emotions. Luke and Michael showed up to show sympathy. The boys took it, but nothing can stop the pain in their hearts.

At the party, once the stake goes through a vampire, they felt it. The sharp pain in their hearts indicates the bond has broken. The blond being on the verge of death or possibly dead was it. Never had they ran for Niall, stopped for Niall, or cared for Niall, up until that point.

It was a natural instinct. No bond, no matter the hatred, could feel the same after a brink of death, unless the bond has broken with mutual hatred. They had to confront each other physically and say specific words in order to lose the strength holding them together. The Irishman didn't hate them despite everything. He had high hopes, and he wasn't ready to lose it.

They were thinking. However, their thinking stopped as a foot came clashing down into Liam's crotch.

"What the flying fuck!" The British man cursed, clutching his dick.

The boys looked up to see a fuming Josh, face red. He had his fists clenched and a frown very evident. If looks could kill, they'd be dead.

"How could you let him be treated like that?" Josh said, straight forward and ignoring Liam's pain.

He was about to cry. Everyone could see it and he was trying to stop the tears. Who would cry for someone they've just met for 48 hours? This guy would.

It just hurt him on the inside to know that Niall was treated so badly and didn't get any care until now. Medical care, that is. The fact Niall was alive made him want to kill the rest of his former mates. His vampire is dead for reasons he's not even aware about, but he still treasures them deeply.

As for the Irish, he was alive and breathing yet such acts were still performed.

"It's funny," the brunette says when they don't reply to him. "I told you the other day- no, yesterday, that you can't handle two vampires despite the three of you." He clutches his head with his hand and let's the salty water fall from his face. "And you know what? I was right."

Josh was upset was from the ungratefulness of this group of 3 humans who had two mates. Unlike, him who never even saw his vampire.

Louis' eyes watered at the thought. He was right. It wasn't the Doncaster's man's fault that Niall was hurt, but the fact he didn't ever stand up to him probably added to it.

"I know!" The brunette cried. "We're dumb and inconsiderate! And now, we don't even know if- if he's alive!"

As if on queue, a doctor walked out. He looked down to his clip board before turning back up to shout, "Niall Horan!"

Liam stood up. "We're with him."

"Who may you be?"

The taller man pointed a finger to all but Josh. "We're his mates," he grits out.

The doctor raised an eyebrow. "After running some DNA tests, it appears Niall Horan was firstly bonded after the incident."

Zayn spoke up, "We never really bonded with him..."

Seeing the tension, the medical worker decided to accept their words anyways and explained what exactly happened to Niall. He was raped, forced a bond upon, bruised on four limbs, broken wrist, and mental stability unknown.

"He's awake, though. We're not sure how he'll respond, but would you like to go see him?" The doctor asked, raising an eyebrow.

They all nodded, stiffly. Josh wasn't really close to them yet, but he made a quick goodbye and a mental note to talk to Niall and the rest of the boys again later for some pep talk. He wanted to see the blond now, but he was still pissed at his mates.

The door opened, all of them hesitant to go in. It appears there were no nurses inside present. The doctor walked away after giving short instructions.

However, upon view, Niall almost cried at the sight of humans. He didn't want to be around any of them anymore. The boy felt disgusting in his own skin.

As for the boys, they felt terrible. When they see this blond, they see a blond who's injured in a hospital bed like most. They don't feel the bond.

The Irishman looked up from his bed in pure fear. He can't look at humans the same or anybody for that matter.

His body shook like a scared animal

His body shook like a scared animal. He clutched his right arm, lip trembling. His eyes were in complete shock and almost to the point of crying.

"Niall..." Liam said in a soft manner.

Immediately, the blond scooted back onto the plastic headboard of the hospital bed. The sudden movement made his IV pop out and Louis quickly calling for help.

The British lads frowned in despair. It was their fault and they finally accepted it. All of the beatings, lead up to the biggest one. None of this would've happened if they were just nice.

Nice.

That was the biggest key. To have a personality that would be able to soften up a person instead of having them build walls. Niall endured the non-niceness, but nothing lasts forever.

After the nurses came in to give him a pill to calm him down, the boys slowly stepped towards him. The frightened male wasn't squirming around anymore, but he was still afraid nonetheless.

HE CAN STILL FEEL THE TOUCH.

HE CAN STILL FEEL THE BREATH.

HE CAN STILL FEEL THE WORDS HITTING HIS SKIN.

HE CAN STILL FEEL THE SOUND OF HIS FAITH BEING BROKEN.

Yes, nothing can last forever, but that doesn't mean it can be gone so quick

"Niall?" Harry hummed in a question.

He knew what he's done and ready to give distance. The guilt sank in and he was okay to fix it.

The blond shook his head, eyes shut. He nearly died a couple hours ago and was not in the right state to let that go.

"Please... leave me alone for now," he whispered, pain lacing his throat.