↤ TEN ↦

5k reads. thanks :) also reminder my updates appear in 7 days or less

It was the familiar salty feeling that ran across his face sixteen times per day. The warm liquid that pours down, sometimes never stopping, is an ongoing routine. Tears.

Niall couldn't stop the immense pain, both internally and mentally. Nightmares are consistent and daydreams turn into the devil's imagination. It has been three days.

The boys would always come and try to visit the hospital, but the blond would get so scared out of his mind that he can't stay calm. Either they leave, or they sedate the Irishman. In both situations, it always ends with silent conversations or subtle ones that don't have meaning.

As these three days passed, Zayn, Harry, and Liam questioned themselves. More than three years of hatred and practical slavery, they feel this way. It may have been in their blood to have their emotions controlled, but that doesn't mean they can't force it out.

Bewilderment.

That's what they've been.

But it's not like they changed their ways. . .

They still get mood swings. This whole situation stressed everybody out, as selfish as it sounds. However, they don't take it out on Louis, ever, because "they would never."

"People of Horan? He is ready to go home," the doctor spoke slowly. The boys walk to him. He hands out a piece of paper with boldly written letters on top: POST-SURGERY PROCEDURES.

"We're aware Mr. Horan didn't have many major procedures. However, he's badly bruised and delicate actions are needed, just in case something happens."

They nod slowly, reading down the list. Everything ranged from soft pillows and areas to no straining exercises.

"However," the doctor started, putting down the paper on a nearby table and looking back to them. "You guys may know the bond has broke, obviously. And if you went to grade school, you'll know that this isn't easy. It's obvious the break wasn't mutual and I bid you a, 'good luck,' for the future."

Louis looked down to his lap

Louis looked down to his lap. He couldn't fathom what was happening. It's required to every teacher that they spend at least three weeks worth of time on bonds. What was discovered were these common side-effects after a bond breaking:

- Chest pains
- Unexplained emotional feeling
- Flu
- Inability to feel jealousy between mates (to some)
- Inability to feel if a mate were to belong to said pair
- Discomfort if touched
- Being weak

The list could go on, but the biggest one was death.

Sometimes the pain of having a mate is so harsh, it kills your body from the inside. It was almost like a disease. Modern psychologists fathom the ways and power of bonds. Something so little that could kill.