↤ FOUR ↦

The door shut behind him, making Louis jump.

"What do you mean worse?" Said person inquired.

Liam scoffed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "Lil' shit was thirsty."

"Dunno how you can deal with that mate," Harry says, laughing a bit at the end.

"Well, I mean, vampires have to have a drink once in a while you know," Louis defended, raising an eyebrow.

They were currently all in their master bedroom. All of them had individual rooms in case they were moody - unlike Niall who has his own cold, dark basement. The house they were living in was giant from their family's funds all piling in together.

Louis was sitting near the headboard, Zayn slightly behind him with an arm wrapped around his waist. Harry was laying horizontally to the bed with his phone on his chest. Liam, at the moment, was leaning against the wall with his hands over his chest.

"We know that, baby," Liam coos. "It's just him in particular."

The vampire frowned, leaning against Zayn's body. He didn't want to argue about this topic because he was scared.

He has seen what goes on when they take him back to their bedroom and it's not exactly pretty. The blond's screams and cries make him feel guilty since he's so powerless and weak. Louis had more muscle and was a little bit bigger than Niall but against humans, hardly any vampires could protect themselves.

However, despite all events, Louis isn't aware why this is happening. When he was brought into their arms, it was safe, sound, and loving. As Niall came, the environment particularly around him was harsh and tense.

Two weeks after moving in, the other vampire was practically their slave.

Louis shuddered at the thought.

"Cold?" Zayn asked, concerned. If Niall shivered, he'd probably get thrown into a fire to warm up.

At first, the brunette was going to shake his head, but he figured this would be a good opportunity.

"Uh," he said, looking down to his lap. "Yeah, I am, actually."

Zayn opened his mouth to speak, but the other replied quicker and moved out of his embrace. "I'll go fetch my jacket and some water. 'll be back quick."

He pushed passed Liam, opening and closing the door behind him and rushing down the hallway into the kitchen.

Louis almost cried at the sight.

Niall was in the middle of the room, knees to his chest and head buried inside of them. He was sniffling and shaking, making the older vampire want to protect him with his life if it didn't cost him his death.

"Niall," Louis cooed.

He didn't look up.

The brunette slowly walked over to the crying boy, sitting behind him and wrapping his arms around the smaller one. His head was buried into his neck and he tried to provide as much comfort as he could.

Louis was murmuring words to help him worry less. All of which were along the lines of: "You're okay," "It gets better," "They'll learn."

However, the problem with these phrases is that they're all

Lies.

Niall believed those phrases the first year he appeared, but after that, all faith went down the drain. Day after day, yelling after yelling, it made him mental. Despite everything, he's attached.