↤ SIX ↦

Josh pulled Niall into his apartment, the Irishman still loosely draped over him and upset. He stopped struggling a while ago and just accepted the fact this was practically kidnapped. This was something new for the humans he was usually taken advantage of left right away in fear after they found out who his mates were.

But it's not like his mates cared, anyways.

The brunette dragged Niall to his couch and went into the kitchen. Soft footsteps were heard in the next room while the blond just sat aimlessly looking at a wall. The rest of the abode was clean and amazed him. There wasn't any spec of dust to be seen and everything was in neat piles. Especially the wall.

"Everything's so clean," Niall muttered to himself, unaware of the footsteps coming towards him.

Josh chuckled. "I know."

The blue-eyed man jumped a little in surprise, making the other laugh again. He was handed a warm cup, assuming tea. It made him feel better after freezing outside.

"Who cleans for you?" He asked, darting his eyes around.

"Nobody," the human hummed. "I do everything by myself."

The smaller boy furrowed his eyebrows. No humans did their work unless they truthfully spoiled their vampires. Josh didn't seem like the person who to force their mate to do chores, but the apartment was a little bit small to be spoiled in. Unless...

"I know what you're thinking," Josh interrupted Niall's thoughts. "My mate is dead. Stake to the heart by their own father."

Niall widened his eyes, quickly turning to sympathy. He quietly put down his tea cup, also taking Josh's and putting it down on the table, then leaping to softly hug the bigger man. It was silent, but it was a comfortable silence.

"Thank you," the brunette replied, making Niall fall back. "It's nothing, really. I've never met them, but I feel the pain," he pointed to his heart, "here."

The other gazed his eyes to the ground. He wanted a relationship like that. He wanted to be love like that. He wanted to feel the pain like that.

He shook his head. Not wanting to be on the sensitive subject anymore, he asked where Josh worked, seeming as though the place was empty.

"I work as a foster-care worker. Sometimes I stop by the orphanage, but I take in vampires when they're young and grow them when they're around eighteen or ready to be adopted. There's nobody here, now. I'm supposed to get assigned next week." He smiled.

Niall nodded, taking in the information. Josh asked, "Where do you work?"

"Uh," he paused. "I just do the chores for my humans."

"Humans like plural?" Niall nodded slowly. "You poor soul. How could multiple humans possibly ignore you?"

The blond sighed. It was true. He had three human dominants and none of them cared for him. Any day, he'd like to go stick a stake in his own heart, but isn't manly enough to do so. It'd be beneficial for both of them to Niall's mind.

"It's no biggy, mate," he reassures the bigger man. "Been dealing with it since I was fifteen."

"How old are you now?"

"Uhh," he pondered. It's been quite a while since his birthday was celebrated and he never really kept track of the date anymore. "I think eighteen."

The brunette raised an eyebrow. "Think?"

"We don't do birthdays back at the house."

He gave Niall the stare. "You mean your birthday?"