Chapter 8: Life Change

"I'm sorry to say but your mother is admitted to the hospital,"

My hand was shaky, "W-what do you mean?" I stuttered. "Your mother is now in Seoul Hospital, she's still in her critical condition," with that, my phone fell off my hand. My legs were wobbly as if I can't stand anymore. Slowly I fell into the ground, tears streaming down my eyes.

"What happened?" I heard him asked. He kneel down in front of me and was staring at me. "M-my.. my.." I tried to speak but fail to do so. He then pull me into a hug. "Shh... Don't cry, I'm here for you," he said soothing my back.

We stayed like that for a while. When I was calm enough I pull away from the hug and look at him. "What happened?" he asked again. "My mom, she's in the hospital," I said. "Can you bring me to the hospital? My mom... her condition is critical," I asked hesitantly.

He smile lightly and nodded his head. "I'll go see if there's any appropriate clothes for you to wear," he said heading to his room. After a few minutes he came back out. "I couldn't find any clothes and your clothes from just now is still in wash, but I call a friend and he said that he's nearby and would be able to buy you clothes," he said. And at the same moment the doorbell rings. He walk towards the door and open it. "Hyung, come in," he said.

"M-minseok oppa?!" I was shock to see him. He look at me and came running towards me. "Hyejin? What are you doing here? Why are you in this clothes? Did he do anything bad to you?" he questioned. "Yah, hyung I didn't do anything to her okay!" Sir Luhan shout. "Who knows.." he retort. I laugh at them and Minseok oppa hit my head. "Yah, what's so funny?! And you haven't even answer my question," he said. "Sorry... But Sir Luhan he really didn't do anything to me," I said.

"See I told you," Sir Luhan said putting out his tongue teasing Minseok oppa. "Yeah the clothes for Hyejin, give it to her," Sir Luhan said again. Minseok oppa hand me the clothes and I walk into Sir Luhan's room to get change. When I'm done I was about to walk out of the room but I overheard their conversation.

"Are you serious about her, Luhan?"
"Of course do you think I would play with a girl's feeling?!"
"But what about Lynn?"
"You know that I don't like her right?"
"But still she's your fiancée,"

I never know hearing someone's conversation is so wrong until now. I shouldn't have listen and now I regretted it.

"So... he has a fiancée already so does that mean I'm the third wheel in this relationship..." I thought to myself. I look out and saw them looking at me. Sir Luhan had a shocked face plastered.

"Did you heard everything?" he asked. "What do you mean by did I heard everything? Is there anything I shouldn't know?" I asked looking at him. He was looking at the side. "I shouldn't know bout your fiancée am I right? Answer me?! How long are you planning to keep this from me if I didn't overheard your conversation?! One month? A year? Or maybe forever?!" I exclaimed. Still no answer from him.

I took my bag on the couch and walk out the door. He was about to follow me but I shouted, "Don't follow me! Don't even come near me! Your nothing to me!" And I ran out of his apartment.

I walk to the lift and the lift is here just in time. I walk in and press the ground floor button and lean myself on the wall of the lift. The door was about to close when a particular hand came into the lift that made the door slide open again. I saw him walk in and was staring at me in silence.

"If you come here to explain it for him then it's better for you to leave," I muttered. "I don't think I can leave when the lift door is close," he chuckled. I sigh in defeat I let myself slide on the floor I guess I'm too tired for today.

He kneel down in front of me and I look at him. "See.. you're still weak like last time," he said. I frown but I can't get mad at him I have to admit it... I'm weak... Damn weak...

"Come I'll bring you to the hospital," he said bringing hid hand out. I grab a hold of his hand and he pull me out of the lift. He walk us to the parking lot and open the door for me. I go into the car and he close the door. He went to the driver seat and quickly drive the car out of thd parking lot.

"How did you know that I need to go to the hospital?" I asked. "He told me," he simply answer then have his focus back on the road. The ride was painfully long but we actually reach the hospital within 10 minutes. I quickly made my way towards the counter and ask for my mom whereabouts.

"Miss, can I know where's Miss Kim Hyemin is?" I asked. "Wait for a minute," she said then typing some things on the computer. "She's in the ICU on floor 5" she said. I said my thanks and ran my way to go to the floor mentioned.

When I reached the floor I quickly went to the ICU. When I was at the front of ICU, I was shocked to see my mom being connected with different  type of tubes. I ran into the room and was stop by the nurse. "Who are you miss?" she asked. "I'm her daughter," I said my voice getting smaller. "You can go in but you still need to change into the clothes prepare there," she said pointing at the corner. I nodded my head and quickly took the clothes and wear it.

I walk into the room moving towards my mom. I hold her hands and talk to her, "Mom... Wake up...please your the only one I had left. Dad leave us and now you're going to leave me? Mom please I'm begging you. I promise I'll listen to you I'll be good. You were just fine just now... I should've be at home..." I said between sobs.

For a moment I felt my mom fingers moving but the next moment I heard a long beep from the machine.

-TBC-

Hey imma back again😂 well basically I think this story is not going with what I've plan but I guess so far it's going fine for me.. it's 11 here and I have school tomorrow so I'm going to go now...

Leave your thoughts and tell what you think about this story. Do you want Luhan and Hyejin to be together? Or maybe who do you think Lynn is?

And I realise this story has reach 1k views thank you so much for the support guys, I love all of you😘
-melody.

vote, comment, share and follow❤❤
xoxo