Chapter four

EVERYTHING UNDERLINED SHOULD BE TAKEN TO BE CROSSED OUT (AS PART OF HER THOUGHTS)

-*-

From: Jellyellie33@yahoo.co.uk

To: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

Subject: I am so sorry!

Hi Gabi,

I am so so so so sorry! It never even occurred to me that she would read it I honestly feel so bad about it. I wasn't trying to get you into shit I just wanted to know how you were holding up.

Maybe the shopping trip will be a great time to try and rekindle your relationship with her. I know its tricky and no one can replace your mum but maybe you could give Chlo a try and have a little fun?

I'm so sorry that you couldn't go to that party. But there will be many more, right? I mean you're basically a celeb anyway. Did you go? I know you were always famous around town for sneaking out of your house.

Anything else that happening in NYC? Have you been to that AMAZING bridal shop they show on TV? I can't believe you're a New Yorker now!

Don't forget to sign out of your emails!

Love,

Elle x

Being rational was never really in my job description. Not that being a human is a job, but you know what I mean.

I'm clumsy. I'm loud. I'm annoying to literally everyone I know.

But I am not known for being sensible in situations that might end up with me being hurt.

Which is why I decide to wait for Nate. Lee goes home from college early and I make up some excuse about biology coursework (which I actually need to do rather than chase a highly intoxicating boy- What can I say, I prioritise my problems very well).

And I wait.

Right by his bright blue Mini Cooper that has probably killed a lot of people. What with him being a badass and all.

I'm waiting for a long time, until almost every car in the car park is gone. All except mine and his.

Nate usually stays behind on Thursdays because our science teacher is forcing him to have some kind of one on one tutoring. So I make myself comfortable on the bonnet of his car.

The front door of school slides open to reveal his beautiful face and I see his gasp slightly when he sees me before his mouth settles into his signature smirk. "Hello Cherry," my nickname rolls off his tongue causing a shiver to slip down my spine. "And what do I owe this pleasure?"

My eyes roll instinctively, and I find regret beginning to cling to my heart. This was what he wanted after all- me running back to him like the idiot I am. I turn away, not wanting to face his intense gaze and begin to move towards my truck, embarrassment leaks onto my cheeks in a shade of bright red.

"No, don't go." I hear the words behind me before I've even taken a second step. "I want you to stay."

My heart flutters in my chest and I scold myself for giving in so easily and letting him make me feel like this when it's so wrong.

So so wrong.

But why does it feel so right?

My heels turn in the dirt and I face him with a curious stare; Nate Myers never fails to confuse me and intrigue me all at the same time. His smirk morphs into a small smile, causing my heart to accelerate and my body to relax at the same time. My palms begin to clam up and I wipe them on the back of my jeans as a sorry attempt of trying to pull myself together.