Chapter seven

A/N All words UNDERLINED are to be taken to be crossed out. I know this is annoying but its supposed to be a part of her thought process :)

-*-

From: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

To: JellyEllie33@yahoo.co.uk

Subject: I see how it is.

Wow. I never thought you'd ditch me but here you are. Leaving me. I thought we were friends and now you're just going to make up an excuse like your A level studies because you don't want to write to me anymore.

I'm hurt Elle but whatever. I've got new friends in New York that have more kindness and sympathy in their pinkie finger than you have in the whole of your being. I hope you have fun with your grotty little friends and MY Natie.

Just so you know, he'll never want you.

Ever.

-Gabi

I never call him. I feel like it's the one thing in this whole ordeal I can control–– When I want to meet and sort out our agreement. Days turn into weeks and I miss seeing Nate. I miss him touching me and holding me and kissing me and making me feel like I'm the only girl in the world that he will ever care about. Even though it's a lie. I avoid the annoying ass like the plague as if it will solve the ticking clock that is begging me to sign myself away the devil. A rather sexy devil but a devil just the same.

I don't want to lie to Lee about anything. This seems to be my one and only excuse keeping me away from Nate. But even that's a lie because I've been sneaking around with his brother for months and have never once mentioned it to my best friend.

I can't even imagine how he would react if he found out what I'd been doing with Nate.

"I don't know what to have. The Choca Mocha or the Hazelt Nut Latte." Lee sighs, sliding down his side of the booth like the over-dramatic queen he is. I roll my eyes and stifle a laugh at his behaviour. Lee always has this amazing way of making you forget everything you're worried about.

"Choca Mocha. You had the latte last time we were here."

Lee fake-glares at me over the table, "You're just saying that so you can steal some when I'm not looking."

He's right. But I wouldn't ever tell him that.

"That's not true," I protest, but he merely rolls his eyes at me and stands up to order our food and drinks. My phone pings in the pocket of my jeans and I take it out to see a message from Nate. My face blushes a vibrant shade of red as I read it.

Cherry, thought anymore about our proposal? Heated kisses at your disposal. Just say when ;)

"What are you blushing at cupcake?" Lee mumbles, resting his head over my shoulder. I shut off my phone as quickly as possible and put my head in my hands to hide my bright red face.

"Nothing," I mumble but Lee pulls me up to face him, an unconvinced expression in dominating his features.

"Were you thinking naughty things about me Jelly Ellie because I totally understand. I am a hot specimen and in extreme physical shape."

If only. I was more thinking about your brother's extreme physical shape.

I look up, my eyebrow raised as I run my eyes down his body in mock disapproval. There's no denying Lee is hot but he's just not Nate. "Are you sure about what you just said. I mean extreme physical shape? You're the laziest person I know."