Chapter ten

All words UNDERLINED are to be taken to be crossed out. Sorry if this is annoying x

-*-

From: JellyEllie33@yahoo.co.uk

To: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

Subject:

You know when you realise that no matter what you do, nothing will change? I mean, I thought that letting him go would stop the constant flurry of butterflies from invading my stomach, or the sweaty palms or the constant glances towards his bedroom window just to see his face?

I thought that I'd be OK with it. I mean, I thought it would be manageable. And I wouldn't have to lie to Lee and destroy everything we have as friends.

Before, he was just my best friend's brother, annoying, stupid, boyish. The guy who pushed me out of a tree when I was ten. He was just someone I knew. But now, it's so much harder to see him around when I know what we could have been.

But you were right Gabi. He was always yours.

And maybe I just needed to feel what you had for a moment.

So I could carry on with my life.

But I can't.

DRAFT SAVED

"Cherry wait up!"

I turn around to see Nate flailing his arms around like an octopus. I roll my eyes and try to push back the flutter in my stomach. "Cherry, really? Could you be less original...it sounds like something from a teen movie." I shout back, crossing my arms over my chest.

Nate heads towards me with a chuckle. When he reaches me, he leans in close so his mouth is by to my ear. I try not to shiver as his cool breath fans my face or let a hot blush rise up my face. But my body doesn't seem to listen to my instructions at all.

"It's because you're always bright red."

I groan and pull away from him. He snatches my hand before I can move away from his boyish smirk. What are you doing to me Nate Myers? "Elle wait," he says, tugging on my hand gently so I fall into him. I pull my hand from his as quickly as possible, even though a part of me wishes we could stay connected forever.

"You can't do that Nate. Someone will see. Lee will see and how will you explain it?" I say, the guilt in my stomach has become a constant reminder of how I went behind my best friend's back with his brother.

"Just...I want to show you something. I want to take you somewhere," he replies, though his tone has changed from its playfulness.

"What so we can make out? No chance Nate."

As much as it pains me.

After all, he was just a bit of fun to pass the time.

"Not that—even though I'd love to. We haven't drawn up the agreement yet," he smirks, his eyes reaching mine. My heart is pounding so heavily in my chest I fear it'll burst right out of my body.

"You were being serious?" I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You weren't?" he seems genuinely surprised that I'm not invested in his little contract. I'm not sure what he was expecting. Its not like I'm the kind of girl to strip off in the middle of the street and have my wicked way with him, am I?

I sigh, contemplating his offer to go somewhere. But I'm bombarded by the guilt and anxiety of Lee was to find out I was running away to schmooze with his brother. "Look...I don't want to go in case someone sees and then Lee finds out we had some kind of thing."

I turn away from him and begin to head towards my house. Luckily my best friend isn't around to see Nate and his antics otherwise the Myers brothers would be having a fight for sure. I take no more than five steps before he calls after me once more.

"For once in your life can you just be selfish? You're always trying to please your mum and dad. Always trying to please College. Always trying to please Lee. For once just have some fun. Just be yourself rather than trying to be perfect all the fucking time."

His words hit me hard and I try not to think about what he's saying to me or how right he is.

I glance back at Nate. At his dark messy hair. At his tired green eyes. At his crinkled shirt.

"You're right. For once in my life I need to live. What do you know about my life Nate?"

He says nothing and just stands there, letting me walk away.

Maybe, just maybe if he'd called me one last time, I'd be in his arms.

-*-

Hey,

I know this is quite a short chapter but I just wanted this one to be short and sweet!

If you enjoyed this chapter please click the little star- it really does help your girl out! And also maybe give me some feedback in the comments? Tell me what you love, what you hate, fav characters, thoughts and ideas.

Also, what do you think of the new cover? Do we love? Hate? Please tell me x

Maybe just comment your fav colour? Mine's probably grey- wow so basic!

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this book, it means so much to me.

Love,

Amber x

P.s- tell me if you want me to start doing dedications again!