Chapter twelve

QUICK NOTE: All words UNDERLINED are to be taken to be crossed out as if a part of Elle's thought process! 

-*-

From: JellyEllie@yahoo.co.uk

To: GabiLincon@hotmail.com

Subject:

Dear Gabi,

I wonder what its like to be you. Where everyone loves you no matter how horrible you are to those you're suppose to care for. Where you get to jet off to NYC without a glance back at the destruction in your wake. Where you manage to get two Myer boys to like you even though you bullied your best friend for ten years.

Is it easier? To not feel any guilt for the pain you cause? I wonder what that feels like because all I can feel deep inside of me is this horrid horrid pain where the guilt is slowly ripping me inside and out. I mean, sure, I'd felt it before. Whenever I was with Nate, I could sense its presence but now...now it's consuming my whole body and it hurts. It hurts because one day it'll destroy my best friend.

Is it easier to be selfish and just take what you want no matter the consequences?

Is it easier to hurt the ones you love the most for your own gain?

Is it easier to be you?

DRAFT SAVED

I'm trying to concentrate on my Maths assignment when I hear someone crash through my open window and punctuate the fall with a familiar "fuck!". I roll my eyes, glad my parents aren't in to hear his cussing or come up to investigate the grunts coming from my room.

That sounded so wrong.

Spinning around in my desk chair, I raise an eyebrow at the rather attractive guy sprawled out on my carpet, tangled up in my curtains and brown  leaves. "Is this what you do? Climb into girl's rooms and annoy them when they have homework due?" I roll my eyes. "Not to mention the tempting idea of heated make-outs."

I can't tell if I'm feigning to be angry or am actually upset with him- probably a bit of both considering he hasn't spoken to me since the corridor incident with Han from our Bio class.

Turns out, red roses really are the way to the Nate Myers fandom.

Nate smirks, wiggling his eyebrows at me. It would be a sexual look if he wasn't submerged in a net curtain. or spread eagle on the floor."Only you Cherry. This is all for you."

I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest before spinning back to my desk to close my laptop. "Have you thought anymore of my proposition?" he continues as I move away from my desk to lounge across my bed, wrapping a blanket around my back. And though it isn't an invitation to be joined, Nate somehow manages to untangle himself from my curtains and briskly join me on the end of it.

"Hmmm," I pretend to think on the topic when in reality I have a very clear answer on the tip of my tongue. "No."

A look of confusion sweeps over his face. "No you haven't thought about my proposition or..."

"I don't want to do your silly kissing agreement." I spit out. Nate merely rolls his eyes at me and raises his gaze to meet mine. I swear one day I will melt into those beautiful green eyes. He leans in causing my heart rate to increase by 100 beats per minute and pulls a sexy smirk onto his lips.

"It was actually going to be called The Kissing Contract," he states as-a-matter-of-factly. His eyes are filled with satisfaction with coming up with such a name. I scoff at him and push myself off the bed, scared that if I'm too close to him I'll do something I'll regret. Like kiss him. Like punch him in his precious face.

"How original," I say, sarcasm dripping into my words. Sometimes it's just hard to keep it at bay. You know how it is- one minute your feeling nice and the next? Sarcasm is dropping left, right and centre.

"I know right?" His enthusiasm makes my head to face him. For once a smirk isn't plastered on his face and instead a breath-taking smile is dominating is features. I gasp, my heart pounding so fast in my chest that I'm scared that it'll burst out my chest and expose how I'm feeling. Nate stares at me for a while before dipping his head, a gentle blush on his cheeks.

"Well, I thought it was a good name," he mutters, sliding around on the bed to face me. "Look, I get it, you're scared. Of Lee finding out and hating you but trust me, he'll hate me so much more. And your worth a bruise or two on the face and that's saying something."

Nate stands up and moves towards me, one step at a time as if he fears I'll run down the stairs screaming 'Get away from me you creep!' Even though be both know that'll never happen. I'm rooted to the spot, in between pushing him away when he gets too close or letting him invade my personal space.

"Elle, live a little. You can't tell me you don't feel the thrum of energy when we're together. Or that your heart doesn't beat faster or butterflies don't erupt in your stomach. It can't just be me...that's real. Right? You feel it too."

He takes one last step towards me, closing the gap so we're flush against one another. I can feel his heart pounding in his chest and I'm sure he can feel mine. Nate brushes the side of my face with the softest of touches causing a shiver to run up my spine.

Kiss me. Kiss me like I am your air and you can't live without me. Kiss me like we're meant to be. Kiss like we are something even though I know we aren't. Just kiss me. Kiss me so I don't have to drive myself crazy thinking about how delirious you make me.

"You make me crazy Elle," he whispers; his lips are so close to mine that I feel them brush against me when he speaks.

"This is wrong," I try to say but the attempt is so half hearted, that the words die in my mouth.

"Elle you can't deny this. You can't deny us."

I could try. But it's impossible not to be drawn towards him. He is my drug. And I will forever go back for more even if I know I shouldn't. Nate Myers, what are you doing to me?

Instead of fighting against this current of energy and uncontrollable feelings, I press my lips to his.

-*-

Heyyyyyyy,

OMGGGG I can't believe the response I've been getting to this book recently- it honestly means so so so much to me I can't even explain it. Re-writing this book has been tough, especially because I'm really trying to do it justice and make it as good and well developed as possible.

All the votes and comments that I've been receiving has honestly encouraged me so so much- I'm so glad you all are loving it so far and are voting and commenting. 

If you enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to what happens between Elle and Nate then please please please click the little star and leave me a comment telling me your predictions! It honestly makes me smile reading through all the comments you leave!

This chapter is dedicated to Stasia0_o for voting and commenting on the recent chapters! Thank you so so much for the support- it means so so much!

Question time! (I thought I'd make this a little thing in the Notes :)) What is your fav subject at school/ college? Mine would be Drama and English Lang!

Thank you all so much for voting and commenting! Please do share this book with your friends here on Wattpad as well!

Love,

Amber x

p.s what do we think of the banner? x