Chapter twenty five

"You've been avoiding me," he says, clambering his way through my window casually as if this is his own house. I roll my eyes even though he can't see me from my place on my bed.

I have been avoiding him. But not for any other reason than to spend my days wallowing in self pity and binge watching gossip girl. It's been good. Not as good as spending time annoying Nate's stupid ass but good enough.

"So?" is the only response I can think of. I turn off the tv and sit up in my bed. Did I bother getting dressed today? No. So I wrap my blankets around my body to stop him seeing any glimpse of my Disney pyjamas (that would cause our conversation to take a dark and rather embarrassing turn).

"It literally says in the contract you can't avoid me. Even if I'm being an ass. And I don't think I've been an ass at all recently so you've just been avoiding me for fun I'm guessing?" He shuts the window behind him and moves further into my room, clearly assessing the damage of my wallowing in self pity.

"What on earth have you been doing Ellie?" his tone is light but there's a hint of seriousness in the green in his eyes.

"Oh, you know, waiting for Prince Charming to rescue me from my tower."

A smirk lights up his gorgeous face the moment the words Prince Charming fall from my lips.

"You're in luck my sweet princess for I have climbed this tower to rescue you!" his enthusiasm and dedication to the role should be noted. This boy is just something else I swear.

Rather than let myself be succumbed to his undeniable charm, I cross my arms over my chest (to stop the exposure of my Little Mermaid top) and fix him with a smirk.

"No sorry not today. You're not the kind of Prince I was expecting. I thought you were supposed to be attractive! What am I looking at? Shrek? I'm not Fiona."

Nate stares at me, mouth agape and I try not to burst out laughing at his reaction to my teasing. "You take that back!" he says, fixing me with a playful scowl. "You take that back right now Ellie King!"

I roll my eyes, trying to hit back my smile but failing miserably at it. "Or what?"

"Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!" he shouts.

I'm glad my dad isn't home to hear this amusing conversation. Trust this boy to cheer my up in two seconds. I really have missed him these past weeks.

"Wrong fairytale."

"Right that's it. You're done for now," he says, lunging towards the end of my bed with such force that for a second I fear for the stability of my bed frame. Nate grabs my foot which has snuck out of the covers around my body and pulls me down towards him.

"Stop Nate! Don't!" I yell, attempting to kick his hand that is wrapped around my ankle.

"I warned you Cherry," his voice is low but still has a light and joking tone. He tugs at my leg again causing me to topple further down the bed and into his arms.

"Nate stop you're being ridiculous now. Prince Charming would never do this." I just about mana he to get the words out in between gasps of laughter.

His smirk deepens, "I thought you said I was Shrek?"

"You are. That's the point. Only an ugly ogre would act like this."

He gasps- too loudly to be real and fixes me with a playful glare. "How dare you Cherry! First you break a rule of the contract then you insult it's creator! That's it, no more chances. I warned you Ellie!" before I have chance to register what's happening, his hands are at my side tickling my waist.

I can't help it. I give in to the giggling that I try to hard to hide and burst out laughing as Nate scrunches at my sides. "Stop! Stop!" I shout between gasps, trying to pry his hands off my waist. He lets go of my waist and instead places his hands above my head on the mattress underneath me.

"Thank you," I say, sighing as my eyes carry on watering from my laughter.

"Are you going to apologise for breaking the rule?" he asks, his eyebrows raised in my direction. I want nothing more than to kiss his stupidly handsome face but I settle with an eye roll which seems more appropriate for this situation.

"Nope. But I can make pancakes?" It's the only bargain I can think of and Nate's face breaks around a breathtaking smile (I swoon a little).

"You know I have a soft spot for pancakes."

-*-
Hey my lovelies,
I know I've not been updating as much a should be but I'm just trying to plan out this book to be able to finish it by the end of this year.

Also I've gone back to work so that's made writing a whole lot harder.

I really am trying guys.

But if you enjoyed this chapter then please feel free to drop me a vote and a comment!

Comment one thing that makes you smile!

Lots of love,
Amber x