~2 ⟁ splashes in the spring

Slowly you opened the door to the bedroom you shared with Ilia, making sure not to make a sound. Just moments before, you had spoken upon the matter of the castle with Bo. According to the older man, he agreed with what Rusl had proposed. You were ecstatic at the news, but you knew Ilia would have a different opinion on the matter.

Ever since her mother had died all those years ago—you had only known her for a short little while when they had taken you in—Ilia became more attached to you, saying it was her job to keep an eye on you now that she was gone. Perhaps it was because of that broken bond, or lost feminine presence, that she changed to taking up the lost role, instead of simply staying your sister.

"I thought you were supposed to be back before sundown."

You jump at the sudden voice, and whip around to face sister, her eyes squinted in an accusing glare.

"Oh, did I wake you?" You nervously ask Ilia, sweating slightly under her hard gaze.

"No you did not; I was waiting for you to get back. You're avoiding the question [Y/n]."

You let out a sigh, shutting the door and walking over to your bed that was next to Ilia's. Falling onto it, you look up across the room to see the blonde still staring at you. There was no way she was going to let this slide by, even if it was something seemingly harmless as staying out. However, if she heard the explanation from Bo, she would be much more cross than hearing it from you.

"Alright, alright," you start, "I was... well Link and I were offered a job from Rusl; he wants us to take his place to the castle to deliver something to the royal family there."

Anxiously you await for Ilia's response, only hearing silence from her at the moment. Getting curious, you sit up to see if her face held any sort of give away to how she felt. You could see a hard, thoughtful expression, her eyebrows furrowed tightly together.

"You're... leaving then?" She softly whispers, needing to confirm what was just said. You nod your head, and brace yourself for her to get up and stomp downstairs to giver her dad an earful. Instead Ilia let out another sigh, but this time with a tiny smile on her face.

"Take care of Link and Epona then, okay?"

You smile brightly at her. "Sure thi—" you stop, a surprised look on your face, "Wait! You're not upset?"

Ilia let out a small giggle at your reaction. "No, not really anyway. I'm upset that you're leaving; you could get hurt for all I know. And who will be there to keep a sharp eye on you? Definitely not Link, I mean sure he's careful but that boy can be so rash sometimes; have you seen him with the goats? Oh it's just too much—"

You clear your throat, successfully interrupting Ilia's ranting. The girl's eyes widened in embarrassment, her cheeks turning a rosy pink.

"Ahem, well yes, I can't keep you from doing everything that is dangerous; I need to let you grow up on your own." Ilia finishes, sending you a soft smile, which you gladly return. "Even if we're not blood related, you are still my sister and if anything were to happen to you..." 

"Hey, I'll be alright Ilia! I may be a little thick headed at times, but I know how to fight. And even if he is a little rash, Link will be with me every step." You lightly chortle at yourself, reusing Ilia's own description of the male.

Ilia lets out a laugh of her own, placing a hand over her mouth to muffle the sound least she disturb her father who presumably was fast asleep downstairs. You join her swiftly, quietly laughing as well.

Ilia takes her hand away from her mouth. "True, though we can leave this for another day. We should probably get to bed."

Ilia looks out the small circular shaped window, to see the now dark sky and shining stars. Time sure was slipping through your fingers today, you notice.