~10 ⟁ beasts in the village

"There once was a time where the Kingdom of Hyrule was a place of light," the woman started to murmur. She pauses and takes in a deep breath, shakily letting out as if she were about to cry, before she continues.

"But that all changed when the Twilight came. It covered Hyrule in cloud, blocking out all light that the kingdom once basked in. And without the light, the people became spirits. left to roam around unaware of their own fate...."

You listen intently to what the woman was saying, hanging onto every word spoken.

"But there is one thing they know... Fear. Fear of a nameless evil. Although the kingdom may be succumbed in Twilight, I remain its princess. I am Zelda."

You watched from out of the corner of your eye how Midna leaned onto Link's head as if it were a cushion. "You don't have to look so sad about it, you know? I mean, is living in perpetual twilight all that bad? I quite enjoy it really!"

Zelda shook her head, a serious look on her face. "Midna... This is no time for levity, the shadow beasts are searching for you. May I ask why?"

Even though you couldn't see her, you knew that the smirk Midna had on her face disappeared completely as Zelda said those words. Midna let out a huff.

"Why indeed." She simply replied, making Zelda sigh before turning back to you.

"You must leave now; the guard will soon be making his rounds and I do not wish for you to get captured again... or worse."

You definitely didn't like the sound of that, nor did Midna and Link. With giving one last look at Zelda, you headed back outside to the twilight covered world. Jumping back through the little doorway, you landed back onto the rain slicked roof of the castle.

Suddenly Midna jumps off of Link's back and lands in front of you, crossing her arms.

"So I take it you both now know where we are, right?" Midna chuckled a little, before letting out a sigh. "Since I made a promise with you, I suppose I have to keep it... I'll take you both back to where you first stumbled into Twilight...."

You felt relieved; you could finally get out of this place! However, you couldn't help but feel it short lived from the way Midna's face suddenly darkened.

"But... are you really sure you want to go back? I mean you came here for a reason.... right?

Suddenly the black and white imp transformed into a young boy. Your stomach dropped. It was Colin, his mouth open in mid-scream. With a twist he disappeared and was replaced by Ilia, her expression exactly like Colin's.

You narrowed your eyes at "Midna", trying to suppress a growl building up.

"You want to save them, yes?" Midna asked, her voice sounding exactly like Ilia's.  "In that case, I would be overjoyed to help... On one condition that is of course!"

Midna changed back into her original self, a large smirk still present on her face as she floated right up into your face.

"You both have to be my servant..." Midna taps both yours and Link's noses with a finger. "And like a servant, you have to obey my every command...."

Midna backs away with a dark look on her face. "I know that's a lot to take in, so I'll let you think about it!"

Midna then snaps her fingers, and before you could do anything, both you and Link were whisked away in a cloud of twilight particles.