Bloody Move

Capituló 2

*Delilah's POV*

I forced a small smile on my face as I watched my family chatter amongst each other during dinner. Alex was the only one missing, as he was trying to catch up on some paperwork as he still looked for our missing family members.

Alice.....

Almost eighteen years since she and my daughter have been taken. Eighteen years of us looking for them, but with no luck. They told me she was dead, but I could feel that she wasn't. Tommy didn't believe anything I said, as he didn't feel their bond anymore, so it didn't help that I was the only one with high hopes. I hadn't named my daughter yet, as I wanted her to be with me so I could officially call her by her name and not just have it hung in the air like some ghost. She needed to be with us so her name could expel from our lips with happiness.

"Mom. Are you ok?"

I looked up at my only son, and gave him a smile before I picked up my fork again. "Yes Noah. I'm fine." I could feel everyone's eyes on me as he just stared, tilting his head a bit as if he didn't believe me. He looked so much like Alex when he did that.... I smiled even bigger and nodded twice. "Really, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Are you sure mom?" Eveline spoke softly besides Noah, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes! Now will everyone relax and enjoy this lovely dinner? The faster we finish, the sooner we can play Pictionary. I may have finished my duties already....."

I didn't even get to finish my sentence as everyone began to scream out who would be with who, and who was going down. I just laughed and shook my head as Eveline blushed and hid into Noah's chest as he growled. She was the reigning queen of the game, -she had never lost, even with different partners- but as Noah's mate, he rarely let her play with anyone else.

Just thinking about that still gave me the chills of how we found out. It was shocking -no pun intended- and we weren't sure of how exactly it was going to work out. But once they both got to a certain age and understood what was happening and who they were, they were inseparable.

Noah was just two, and yelling out random words as he learned them. I didn't pay much attention when one day he said, "Funny!" as he held her hand. But as he began to form complete sentences, it was Alex who witnessed the pair. They were three years old at the time, and it had been one of the days that I had to leave the castle to do my Queen duties, so I didn't know about it until I got back. Apparently, Noah, Eveline, and Arielle were running around, outside the house -with half the guards with them of course- when Eveline tripped, taking the other two with her. Arie just brushed it off and ran to her dad, -who sat on the makeshift patio talking on the phone to the investigator- while Noah helped Eveline up. Even though she was older, he was easily three inches taller than her already and was a gentleman -well only to her. He would always tease Arie whenever he could. They came back, holding hands and Noah just smiled up at Alex and said, "Daddy. When I hold hands with Eve, I feel funny." Alex couldn't believe what his son had just told him. But as Max confirmed that Noah's wolf was telling the truth, he just stared at our children in awe, wondering how I would take it.

Of course I didn't believe him. But when Eveline tripped over one of their many toys in the play room not two days later, Noah immediately dropped his and ran across the room, helping her up. Arie paid no attention whatsoever again, even though she was right in front of Eveline when she fell.

"Mom!" I quickly looked up with a sheepish grin as Arie brought me back from the flashback. "Are you ready?" I blinked twice when I realized we were the only ones left at the table and she smiled. "They got too impatient."