The Meeting

Capítulo 5

"Well this is a record," Em laughed besides me as we booked in into another hotel. This time, we decided to just speak plain English and not make a mess out of everything. Just look at what happened not even a few hours ago....

"Be quiet," I quietly hissed at her and then turned back around to give the girl a kind smile. "Hi, yes. Reservation for Alice."

The dark haired girl just sighed in boredom, tapped away in her computer, and then gave us the keys. "Enjoy your stay!" She forced a smile on her face and I actually smiled back.

"Someone was grumpy," Em mumbled underneath her breath as we walked to our room.

"It's the middle of the night Emilee. Wouldn't you be grumpy working the night shift as well?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She waved her hand back and forth, not even bothering to look at me as she stopped in front of the suite. Once inside, I dropped my bags on the other bed that wasn't being hogged by a teenage girl, and took a deep breath.

"I'm going to go on a quick run. See what we have to deal with."

"'Kay," came her soft reply and seconds later, I heard her quiet snores. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I quickly took off her shoes, tucked her in and planted a kiss on her forehead. Sure we look around the same age, but she will always be the same baby girl I saw that first day.

*flashback*

"What do you mean she is my niece? I don't even remember having a sister so how can I have a niece?"

The lady, Tatiana, who had woken me up, just gave me a small push towards the sleeping baby and held on to my shoulders as we both watched her. "Everything will be explained in the future. All you need to know is that she is your niece, and you will need to protect her."

"Protect her from who?"

"You'll see. Soon you will have your answers child. Soon....."

*end of flashback*

My steps faltered as I got close to a neighborhood. I was scoping out my hunting options, and was really enjoying this place, until I sensed something.

I sensed two vampires living in this community.

My eyes widened and I quickly hid behind a car as I saw the door open to one of the houses, and a couple walk out, looking everywhere. With the porch light on, I could immediately tell that they were the vampires I was sensing, but how had I missed them before? I tended to stay away from cities, since they were mostly covered in vampires or packs, but how did I not  sense them? It was like my body was telling me that they were safe, but my mind just couldn't understand why.

If I took a really deep breath, I could smell the lingering scent of a pack. Especially coming from the huge mansion behind me that screamed creepy to me. The only reason I thought of it safe was because there were woods right next to it, making it easy to hide from people, but now I knew I was very wrong.

"Alice?" My head snapped to the sound of my name, and I froze as I saw the couple from before standing feet away from me. They weren't alone this time though. They had a tall, and handsome I might add, man right next to them, looking at me like if he was seeing a ghost.

I quickly crouched down into a defense post, and hissed at them, making them jump back in surprise. But when the dark haired boy took a step forward, and something deep inside of me told me to move closer to him so I could get a better smell of him, I knew I was in trouble.