Memories

Capítulo 3

"Jag är ledsen, men vi förstår inte du." (I'm sorry, but we don't understand you.)

The guy groaned frustratedly as he ran his big, dry hand down his face. He let out a big breath before he picked up his pen again, and then very slowly -like extremely slow- began to speak again.

"I." He pointed to himself. "Need you." He pointed to us. "To sign in." He scribbled in the air with his pen before he motioned down to the empty slot on the paper. "To get the key." He held up the key and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing as Ali tried to grab the key again.

I know, I know, we are being evil. But it helped us whenever we wanted to be left alone, especially when we were staying in a hotel while we looked for another place.

"Sign." He scribbled the air again, and then drew a happy face next to the line. I watched as she nodded, grabbed the pen, and then drew another happy face next to the one he drew. The smile that formed on his face when she took the pen was one of relief, but when he saw what she drew, he just groaned again. "I give up. Here you go."

With a grin, I took the key and said, "Tack." (Thank you.) I felt her following behind me, as she dragged both of our suitcases with no effort. Once we were up two floors and in room number 230, we both threw ourselves in our own chosen beds and sighed in relief.

"Are we going to-" I saw and felt her glare from the other bed and I sighed. "Glöm det. Hur länge bor vi?" (Never mind. How long are we staying?)

"Jag är inte säker. Jag har en konstig känsla om denna stad dock. Jag kan lukta en förpackning i närheten, så vi definitivt inte bor lång." (I'm not sure. I have a strange feeling about this city though. I can smell a pack nearby, so we are definitely not staying long.)

I groaned, frustrated by the Swedish language. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to speak multiple languages. But just having to remember all the accents and correct ways to say everything frustrated me. I'm telling you, it's a pain in the ass to remember over 7 different languages....

"Pouvons nous au moins passer au Français quand nous sommes seuls ? Il est plus facile à dire, et j'ai encore besoin de peu de pratique." (Can we at least switch to French when we are alone? It's easier to say, and I still need some practice.)

I heard her groan and I lifted my head to see what was wrong. "This is giving me a headache. Just remember to speak in Swedish whenever we leave this room."

I sighed in relief. We laid there in silence for a few minutes, until I groaned in boredom and stood up to hunt for the remote. Once it was on, I just left it on the channel it was at and stared at the screen with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you want me to do?" A blonde woman wearing a pink robe asked.

"Sing 'Soft Kitty'" a man in a bed responded and the audience laughed. From the corner of my eye, I saw her spring up and focus her gaze on the television with me.

"That's only for when you're sick."

"Homesick is a type of being sick." The audience laughed again and after a moment of hesitation, the girl began to sing the Soft Kitty song.