Agreements

*Capitulo 13*

"Damn it! I had a feeling it was a vampire that was doing this!"

The eyes that were on me the entire time I had arrived to the room left my presence for once, and glared at my dad, who had voiced his thoughts as we all sat around the big screen tv in the living room.

Bodies. Bodies were being found everywhere, drained of blood.

"And what gave you that thought that you didn't bother sharing with me through our calls?" Dimitri spat angrily and I shuddered. I still wasn't used to hearing his voice again. It always chilled me -a good chill, but I was trying not to react. I had made my decision not even yesterday -a week after the incident; I did not want a mate. Or in his case, a beloved.

Was I getting back at him because he had admitted he didn't want me at the beginning? No. The reason I didn't want a soulmate... I just felt like I didn't need one. My life was already complicated enough without him, and adding him to the pile would just tip me over. I wasn't ready to be a queen -I don't even think I will ever be ready to be a queen. A king needs his queen, and I'm just not queenly material. I just met my parents after almost eighteen years, and I'm barely getting used to calling them mom, dad, brother, sister, out loud instead of their actual names.

I took a quick peek at him as they talked, and noticed he still looked the same as before. Nothing was out of place, unlike me, who felt like crap and knee looked like crap too.

I quickly looked away when I saw him turning his head again, and focused my eyes on the television again. The reporter was still talking about the bodies that were in her district, and even mentioned similar cases going on around. It was only when Ali spoke up did I turn back to stare at her... and him.

"I don't know if Tatiana told you all this, but I came in contact with two rogue vampires." All eyes snapped to her and she blinked once.

"Rogue?" Dimitri asked and she nodded, but then stopped and shrugged.

"Untrained is more like it." The invisible lightbulb in my head popped on as I remembered the day she had told me that. It was the day we moved for the first time before all of this came next.

"Those two vampires?" I asked her, making everyone look at me now and I blushed. She nodded again at my words, and confirmed my thoughts aloud.

"Yes. I was going for... a... umm... hunt-" she flinched and stopped when Dimitri glared at her. He was mad at her ways of feeding before we got here. Apparently that's not the way they are supposed to hunt.

"Hey!" I snapped at him and he immediately looked at me. "She didn't know! Stop making her feel bad! Besides, she erased their memories!"

He just stared at me silently for a few seconds before he looked away with a sigh. He looked back at Ali -nicer I might add- and muttered, "What happened? She didn't tell us this."

She spoke quickly as she played with her fingers. "Like I said, I was out for a hunt, when I smelled the faint scent of blood. I-" She paused, looked up, and cocked her head to the side as she thought. "Wait... I can mind link you, can't I?"

"Yes. But it will be weak since I wasn't near you when you were born to create it."

"Tom. Can you read my mind and then link it to Alex so I don't have to speak? I don't want them to be asking me questions after questions when they can just see it for themselves."

"Sure. I've never done it before, but ok." He wrapped his arm around her and focused on her face as she took a deep breath and stared at Dimitri. Everyone was silent as the group just stared at the persons they were reading, and in the middle of it, Dimitri hissed. Once they were done, Ali shuddered and snuggled closer to Tom.