Mud War

Sorry it's late! I lost the cover, but then I found it 🤗 Thank you bubblygummii for it! You're amazing!

__________________
________________________

*Capitulo 12*

*Dimitris pov*

Giggles, squeals of laughter, and screams were all that we heard as us adults watched them run around outside. The pouring rain didn't even falter their games, and the mud that coated all of them didn't stop them as well. The parents that were watching besides me -or from the safety of the palace,- chuckled as their kids of all ages began a mud war.

Everyone seemed like they were having fun; everyone, except one person. One girl; my girl.

She stood to the side, letting the rain pelt against her clothes, watching as her siblings and royal family members chased each other with all shapes of mud. Her eyes were trained on everyone, and she only cracked a smile when Alice bounced over to her, hiding behind her small figure as Tom growled playfully as he tried to catch her.

Alice and Tom. Ever since she got her memories, they have been inseparable. The mate mark on her neck was still fresh, and just looking at it made my breath hitch, and my gums ache in pain.

I want that...

My fists slowly curled even tighter besides me as Tom picked up Emilee, making her squeak for a few seconds, before he gently set her down with one arm as he grabbed Alice with the other one. He nuzzled his face against his mate, and even from here, I could see the small smile Emilee gave them before she looked away, gazing towards my direction.

Gosh... Those gorgeous emerald eyes always captivated me ever since I first saw her. Even though her jet black hair was sticking to her heart shaped face, she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

A beautiful girl... who wanted nothing of me.

Her gaze didn't even last a full three seconds before she quickly looked away, and gasped just as a mud ball smacked her right in her chest. All noise stopped, and everyone froze as they glanced at her, while some glanced at me in nervousness.

"Emilee... I am so-" Eveline, -the only other human besides her mother- gasped, only to stop when her face got covered in the brown goo. It took me a few seconds to realize that Emilee had grabbed the remaining mud from her blue shirt, and flung it back at her with a small smirk.

There were a few snickers as everyone watched her slowly wipe her face, and then glare at Emilee, before she smiled. "Oh, it is so on!" With that, everyone resumed their wars, but this time, Emilee joined them.

"Dimitri, get your ass back inside and out of the rain."

I hadn't even realized I had taken a few steps towards them. I could feel my clothes already soaked, but at this point, I didn't really care.

I just wanted her to see me... I just wanted her to talk to me, to tell me what else I had to do. Ever since I had answered all of her questions not even a few hours ago, I thought that that would get me a few points -but it didn't. As soon as we finished talking and she saw Ali leaving outside, she all but ignored me and stuck close to her.

"Dimitri."

"I'm fine here Alex. I'm watching the kids," I sighed as I kept my eyes on them... Well, mostly her.

"They are fine here Dimitri. They have two whole armies surrounding them at the moment." When I didn't respond, I felt his heavy hand land on my shoulder, and I shrugged it off, earning me a small growl from him. "Let's go. I want to talk to you."