Ohana

Just a quick author's note.

When the words are italicizes and only have [ ' ], she is thinking it. When they are italicized and have [ " ], she is signing. It will make sense (I hope lmao) Made small changes to the last chapter, so for those who have read it, you MIGHT want to go back and read the first part, or you'll be slightly confused.

Enjoy!

_______________
______________________

Capítulo 7

'Where are they taking us?'

It didn't make sense on to why she had bitten my wrist until now. We had two ways of communication, but they only knew about one -which was great when I didn't want them to know I was talking to her.

She gave me a small shrug and just grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to her. Tom -everyone had introduced themselves while Ali interpreted for them- just stared at us from the drivers seat and I squirmed.

"She can't hear us?"

"No." Her voice came out harsh and fast, making me want to flinch in fear. But I had to keep my heart calm and steady, and move my eyes around, while keeping a confused look on my face. "But she can read lips." I saw the look she gave me and I gave her a quick, but small smile.

"Why did you run?" He murmured so softly, I almost didn't hear him. "Why did you run from us?"

"I don't know what you are talking about."

Paul sighed from the passengers seat while Rachel mimicked him from Ali's other side. I was a human in a car full of supernaturals..... how better could this get?

"Alice," Rachel whispered and I turned my head when I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder.

"Are you hungry?" Ali asked me, completely ignoring the lady.

'Am I supposed to say yes?'

She moved her eyes up and down, so I quickly nodded. "Can you stop please?"

"Alice, sweetie."

"Pull over, now."

'Are we running?'

"Is IHOP alright?"

"Yes."

I had no idea who she had just agreed to. I raised an eyebrow, and she sighed before she shook her head.

'Oh.'

It wasn't long until I was slightly pushed out the car, and then dragged into the warm, coffee smelling, restaurant. I inwardly moaned at all the amazing scents, and nodded twice.

'Oh yeah. I'm hungry now.'

We got seated right away, and of course Ali ordered for me once I pointed out what I wanted. The whole hour and a half we were there, Tom kept on trying to get her attention, but she just kept on sipping her coffee, ignoring him.

"Emilee?" At the sound of my name, my head quickly snapped towards the voice. But as I was about to catch his eyes, I quickly avoided them, and pretended I was just popping my neck. I took a sip of my orange juice, and then stood up, grabbing Ali's hand when she stretched it out.

'Fück, that was close!'

"Paul. Remember she can't hear." Rachel murmured and I squeezed Ali's hand. I felt someone lightly grab my free bicep, and I cranked my neck to see him looking at me with pleading in his eyes.