Salvation

No transmissions have come through the walkie talkie for ages now causing me to worry, the only one whom I know to be safe is Ardeth. My train of thought is soon cut off as a bomb is dropped from the only surviving plane and the men fighting beside us are being pulled back just them at first but the Ardeth and I lose our footing too and are drawn back. We only stop when Ardeth grabs on to an abandoned truck and he grabs me to, on the back of the truck is a machine gun. Ardeth and I look at each other before he speaks, "You drive I shoot?" I nod my head and  speed off "Hold on!" I advise as I take evasive to dodge our allies and get close to our enemies. And as soon as it started the dragging of our allies stopped. 

Hours, minutes passed as we continued to fight, by the time I can only assume Rick and Alex killed the emperor; Ardeth and I were pretty banged up. The numbers of our allies had severely diminished but there was still quite a lot who had survived. They cheered as did we and I crawled into the back of the truck and Ardeth held me close. He then promptly stopped my cheering. It was pure bliss no worries or cares, no pain or suffering occurred in those precious moments. That were soon cut short by the clearing of Jonathan's throat. I blush as Ardeth chuckles at me his eyes filling with mirth. I soon realize my brother is there and tackle him to the ground in a huge hug, upon releasing him Ardeth goes to shake his hand but Jon drags him into a hug and leans against him seemingly exhausted. Not that I blame him we all were. Our allies soon turned into the dust they came from and the three of us got into the truck which I drove to the rest of our family. 

Upon not seeing Lin's mother I pull her into a hug, whispering "She was a wise and kind woman, she will be lost. But she is with your father now in eternal bliss, do not worry for her or for him." Lin's eyes fill with tears and she hugs me back. When she pulls back she wipes a tear from her cheek. "Thank you. She would have been almost happy to die if it meant the emperor would never be able to return." 

*a day or so time skip*

We were all back where our adventure started Imohtep's, Evie and Rick along with Alex and Lin were slow dancing as Ardeth and I watched from our booth, where we had settled down in and curled up in each other's arms. Ardeth rubs his fingers against my bruised knuckles before asking, "How did I ever end up with a beautiful amazing and stubborn woman like you?" I laugh full of joy and answer "More like how have you put up with a 'beautiful amazing stubborn woman' like me?" He pulls me closer into his side before whispering through my hair into my ear. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Jonathan came over to our table and said his goodbyes. He was looking for another place to travel that he hoped would have no mummies in it, he was also carrying a pet carrier which I found to be rather odd, but that's Jonathan for you.