IX

ix

Ashton walked into the coffee shop, noticing Tiffany immediately at a table far from the window. He approached the table, and a smile appeared on his face.

'Hey there, stranger.' He said, making Tiffany look up in surprise. 'oh, hey!'

You could hear that they were both pleased to see the other. Because even though they'd talked to each other one time before only, they felt like they'd known each other for years. Tiffany got up, giving Ashton a quick but lovely hug. She then sat down again, frowning at Ashton when he didn't. 'you can sit down, you know. It's free.'

They both giggled at that. 'Actually.. I don't really feel like drinking coffees.'

'Oh, sorry. What did you have in mind then?'

'Go for a walk with me?' He smiled shyly.

She nodded, liking the boy's idea and raised to her feet again. Ashton walked in front of Tiffany, opened the shop's door, causing the small bell above it to ring quietly.

They shared the first few minutes in silence. You would say that didn't know what to talk about, but it looked more like they were both just enjoying the other's presence. Then their fingers brushed past each other, and Tiffany quickly looked up at Ashton, while he looked down to meet her eyes. They both looked away, surely trying to hide the blushing. Then Tiffany bit her lip to try and hide her smile, actually being proud for a moment because she made a boy blush.

'How have you been?' She asked, turning her face back to see Ashton's. 'I've been pretty good, some troubles back at home, but it'll be fine.' He assured her.

'Mind telling me what kind of troubles?' She tried casually, not wanting to sound like an annoying and curious little child.

'I will later, okay?' She nodded, and looked away again, carrying on walking. She wondered where they were going, if Ashton had planned it all out in his head that morning, if there was something wrong with the coffee shop. Not that she really was searching for the answers, though. She'd see where they were going soon enough.

-

Two hours later, they were still 'on a walk'. Ashton and Tiffany were now sitting on a park bench, talking and laughing. Ashton was trying not to show how cold he thought it was, but Tiffany saw he was shaking a little bit, which made her chuckle.

'Tiffany?' Ashton suddenly started, sounding serious. 'hmhm?'

Tiffany's smile faded, when she faced Ashton, waiting for him to say something. He didn't say a thing, however. Instead, he slowly leaned forward, and before both of them really knew it, his lips were on hers. Not for long though. He quickly pulled away, apologizing.

'Sorry, I shouldn't have done that, it's too early and you probably don't even-'

'Ash,'

'No look, I understand it, I'm sorry.'

'Ashton, just shut up, and do that again okay?' Tiffany chuckled, getting a confused look from him. Ashton then was about to open his mouth and say something again, but Tiffany didn't let him. This time, she pressed her lips against his. He smiled into it, pressing a little harder.

-

'We should go home, it's getting really cold.' Tiffany said. At first, Ashton looked at her a little bit dissapointed, But then agreed, and told her he'd walk her home.

'This was nice.' Tiffany smiled, coming near her front door, and turned to Ashton.

'Glad you didn't mind doing something else today, I liked it too.' He responded, smirking whilst thinking of the kiss earlier. He gave her a hug, and they said their goodbyes, Ashton giving Tiffany a small piece of paper with something written on it, before walking away.

When Tiffany closed the door behind her, she sat down on her couch, smiling down at the piece of paper to see what was written on it; Ashton's phone number.