Where's Tegan??

The next day I quickly got changed and conducted my daily routine etc. I was really concerned about Tegan's behaviour, but shook it off and remembered the plan.
I took a brisk walk and found myself at the school gates. But oddly, Tegan wasn't there. She was no where in sight.
"Boo!" I felt a pair of hands grab my shoulders, I immediately jumped up in the air. However, luckily no words, or even worse a squeal came out my mouth. I automatically thought it was Tegan, as being the rather humorous character she is, it seemed as if that's something she'd do.
"Teg-" I stopped mid-sentence.
"Hey there Izzy." I mumble, half expecting to see my best friend. My voice seeming a bit sadden and generally more quiet than usual.
"Where's Teg - Tegan is it?" Izzy questioned, looking genuinely curious and wanting to know my reply.
"I-I uuuh," I stutter, shrugging my shoulders. The thing was, I didn't know where she was, she never seems to be ill; and we always meet here, everyday unless we have contacted each other anyways...
"Oh," Izzy stopped. "It just seems like you to are so close." She demonstrated with her fingers, two of them crossed to show how close we are.
"Well, we are, atleast I thought we were..."
________________________________