five

Roman Salvatore

I carefully pick up the box of large Margherita pizza and bottle of creaming soda along with a few paper towels, hand sanitiser and a water bottle.

Margherita pizza and creaming soda are both Ambrosia's favourites and if I want to make it up to her for locking her in that nasty room, this is the least I can start with.

I feel horrible for shutting her in that cell, believe me I do but I didn't have much of a choice.

I sensed that it was only a matter of time before people here-people that are mostly mobsters- snapped and went batshit at Rosa.

She's definitely not easy to handle and I found that out the hard way.

But I love her, regardless of her flaws- whether they're in her personality or just the way she is to me and others.

Physically, I see no imperfections.

She's beautiful, flawless, everything I've ever desired.

I just need her to love me back.

I sigh lightly as I walk down the corridor with cells for people we hold hostage, if certain payments haven't been made.

Usually, it's the wives, daughters, sons or anyone else who the person in debt cares about.

We don't hurt them, just keep them here until we're paid back.

Drugs and weapons are hard to ship into the country, especially in mass quantities and if I'm not going to get paid on time, I may as well quit my current life and spend my life in a church, preaching about god.

I feel like such a dickwad for leaving her here, wow.

I reach her room and I instantly want to kick myself in the balls as I see the door lock broken and guards lying unconscious all over the place.

I should've known, fuck.

I place the box of pizza and everything else down on the cold, tiled floor of the small room and head back out, speed walking down the hallway.

The floor is littered with unconscious guards everywhere.

How many did she take down? If they get head injuries, I'm fucked.

As I'm turning a corner, I hear weird sounds, and it's a very familiar sound.

It sounds like two people kissing and instantly, my stomach drops with a bad feeling.

I turn the corner and freeze in my tracks, my blood boiling at what I see.

How dare they?

"Leo? Rosa? What the fuck is going on?" The words leave my mouth before I can stop myself.

I hear Ambrosia gasp into Leo's mouth before they both pull away from each other in shock.

"Bro, I'm so sorry, she kissed me- I didn't kiss her-" Leo starts trying to explain.

I glare at him, putting up my hand to silence him.

"Tell him you kissed me, bitch." Leo hisses to Ambrosia.

She gives him a skeptical glance before looking at me again.

"I kissed him, and he kissed me back." She states plainly.

I scoff and look at Leo with my brow raised.

He shrugs and I guess he's got nothing left to say.

"You know, you're pretty ridiculous, Roman." Ambrosia comments.

"How?" I question.

"You're like a crazy girlfriend. We're not even dating and you're here getting all pissy that I kissed Leo. Like, get over it."

Her words feel like stabs to my heart.

I shouldn't be getting hurt because she's right but I love her so much, and it physically pains me to see her snogging someone like she did.

"Just shut up and come with me." I snap, trying not to let hurt crawl into my voice.

For once, Ambrosia complies and follows me quietly.

I lead her out of the cell corridor and back to the hall where everyone has gone back to normal, talking and setting up for dinner.

I walk up the staircase and to the third floor where the bedrooms are.

I hold open the door for Rosa and shut it behind us.

"this is... my room?" She questions unsurely.

"Our room." I correct her.

She looks at me like I've just announced that I, a grown male am pregnant before she sighs and walks over to the bed, sitting down on the edge of it.

She slips her boots and jacket off before she turns to look at me.

"Do you have any clothes and spare towels I could borrow? I wanna shower." 

I nod and point at a door next to the bathroom.

"There's a walk in closet there, the whole thing is yours. My ones over there." I explain, gesturing to a door on the other side of the room to my one.

She nods. "Thanks."

I watch her walk into the closet before I tiredly walk over to my mirror, loosen my tie and take it off, followed my shirt.

"Whoever chose my clothes and make up and shit has great taste, tha-" I hear Ambrosia happily announce as she walks out, holding a pair of clothes, a towel and other shit before she cuts herself short and runs her eyes over my toned torso and chest.

I smirk, knowing she likes looking at my body.

She licks her lips before biting her lower one, raising her eyes to look into mine.

"Like what you see babe?" I ask cockily.

"Hell yeah I do." She smiles sweetly and walks into the bathroom, locking the door behind her before I can give her an answer.

Did she just say that?

Or am I dreaming?

She actually said that.

Maybe I am actually going to get somewhere with her, I just have a lot of fixing to do.

(vote, comment & follow)