1: High School First Years

Rena Kozume

Rena Kozume

I never thought that I would ever be interested in volleyball

Nor did I think I would fall in love with it just as much as my love for games

I never really thought of it as something I was skilled at

Until

High school

Beginning Highschool is a big step that I was prepared to conquer as long as I had Kenma by my side. It has been a few months into our first year of high school and we were adapting quickly to being as unsociable as always at Nekoma. The only difference was that my brother and I have joined volleyball clubs.

"Kenma, Rena!"

Kuroo's voice echoed through the hallways before he actually showed up and I couldn't help but to instinctively roll my eyes. Over the past few years through junior high, Kuroo, Kenma, and I would practice volleyball everyday after school until one day the two of them decided to join their team. I, on the other hand, never joined a girls volleyball club or any club through out all of junior high.

Our class stared wide eyed at a second year entering a first year classroom and some of the girls were blushing.

How annoying

"Are you guys gonna listen to what I have to say for a sec or continue on playing?"

In complete sync, my brother and I shrugged. "Continue playing, obviously."

Hitting multiple buttons to complete some combo moves so that I was about to defeat the enemy when Kuroo groaned while snatching our psps in one swift movement. He stuffed them into his pockets with a victorious grin plastered on his cocky face. My blood boiled furiously and for a minute the only thing I could do was glare at where my hands were resting on the desk as Kuroo began to talk.

Kenma sighed, ignoring whatever it was his friend was saying. "You shouldn't have done that, Kuroo. Unlike me, Rena might actually try to do someth--"

I didn't let him finish his warning before I jumped from behind my desk and tackled Kuroo to the ground. Simultaneously getting our consoles from his pocket and to onii-san.

"Don't ever touch my game again." Quickly blowing a piece away from my face when I realized I was still sitting on his abdomen. "Man and I was just about to finally beat it. Stupid chicken head."