3: Karasuno Volleyball Club

Rena Kozume

Rena Kozume

A few months have passed since the guys vs. girls match had commenced and it has been awfully busy with volleyball tournaments, and exams. The school year was coming to an end and soon. Not only were these some of the trials we have had to go through, but Kenma finally got over his senpais' complaining about him being a setter and Kuroo was able to convince him that he was essential to the team.

Tetsurou

That little black cat hasn't spoken to me since I called his 'equipment' a disappointment in the boys' locker room in front of his teammates. I'm not sure whether I should feel guilty or not or if I should be worried. He has barely come over to our house anymore either and if he does then it's usually him going straight to Nii-san's room or only the two of them going to practice volleyball. It was if I were the Black Plague.

Did I really offend him that badly this time?

But he usually bounces right back and learns new ways to tease me

Ah, I'm so confused

Since I no longer had my usual practice buddies, I went to the girls' volleyball gym and would practice some spikes and sets with Megumi-chan. The rest of the team never practiced or held practices besides the ones we had after school. Neither did anyone talk to each other outside of school, it was only a club to them. Over time, there ended up being nothing that could challenge me anymore on the girls' team and it wasn't like I could switch over to the boys' club.

"One more."

My voice must have come off as sharp, because Megumi scrambled to throw the ball back towards me in shock. Nevertheless, she set the ball once I hit it to her and I leaped up to spike it. The sound of the ball coming in contact with my hand was so loud that it took a minute to process.

"Are you okay, Kozume-senpai?" Megumi placed her hand on my shoulder, causing my body to stiffen with discomfort. "You have been jumping around and spiking more than practicing sets. Aren't you tired?"

I shook my head. "No, I can do this and I need to improve my jumping height as well, in order to make up for my height. Being 156 cm brings allot of disadvantages. Especially when I can only do that ridiculous high jump when I'm angry or excited."

"Demo......You've been acting weird these past couple of months. If you need to talk about something, just know that I am her--"

Snapping my head to quickly face her, I glared at her as pure irritation filled me. It hit me so quick, I began speaking without a filter or restraint.