8. Salty Megane

Rena Kozume

Rena Kozume

I woke up the next day to my phone going off multiple times from missed calls that were from a certain baldy. He informed me that I was required to come to the gym early in the morning to practice with the first years.

So there I was walking into the gym as a yawn escaped my mouth and I rubbed my eyes from exhaustion.

"You need to focus, boke!"

The two first years didn't even notice me as they argued over tossing and receiving. I walked up to Tanaka and tugged on his shirt.

"I don't really need to be here, right?" Tanaka scratched the back of his head and laughed. "You woke me up early to just have a girl keep you company huh?"

The redness that spread across his cheeks gave me the answer and he quickly turned to the first years and explained to them about why Daichi couldn't find out about the morning practices because he was scary. Of course when Tanaka happened to be stating that no one else should find out about them, the doors slid open.

"Morning practice, huh? I knew it."

At the sound of the familiar gentle voice, I turned towards the direction.

"Suga-san?!"

Rubbing my eyes once again, I plopped down on to the floor while watching Suga and Tanaka converse.

He really does look cute with that scarf

Oh and when he smiles too

"Don't worry, don't worry. I won't tell Daichi-san. This is like a surprise training or something, it is kind of thrilling."

I couldn't help but to smile and close my eyes, basking in the peacefulness that his voice conveys. Maybe it was because I was tired already that being awake at this hour made me loopy. Or maybe it was my withdrawal from not playing games on a console that made my fetish with cute things ten times stronger.

"Ah, Kozume-san. Ohayo! I didn't know you were gonna be here." I opened my eyes to see Suga waving at me while grinning. "Are you gonna practice too?"

I shrugged my shoulders which earned me a glare from Kageyama. "I wasn't even supposed to be here but a certain Ryu-kun woke me up. And Suga-senpai, I don't know if I mentioned this earlier but you don't have to call me Kozume-san, I don't like honorifics. So you can just call me Rena. The only time I use them is if I think it sounds cute with someone's name or I'm showing respect."