9. Practice Match?

Rena Kozume

Rena Kozume

KenKen:

I'm sorry but I couldn't keep lying for you.

That was the text message that I had woken up to, well that and someone pounding on my front door. Turning on my side and groaning, I lost balance and fell off my bed.

"Hold your horses." I begrudgingly pushed myself to my feet and headed to the front door. As I opened it I said, "It is way too early for thi--"

Kiyoko rolled her eyes before making snide comments on my current demeanor. "Do you know how long I have been outside waiting for you to open up? Or did you forget that we have the practice match today?"

Yawning, I scratched my head and nodded. She sighed and dragged me back to my room. She grabbed the brush off of my night table and began brushing my hair as I contemplated what to wear.

We were both in a comfortable silence with the only sound being Kiyo's soft humming.

"You know, we have not discussed your current crisis." I gave her a confused look which she responded to with shaking her head. "Stay still. And come on Rena, your crisis with attracting almost all of the boys on the team."

I attempted to face her when the pull of the brush, which was still in my hair held me back.

I shrieked. "W-what do you mean?! I so am not, they are always looking at you or talking about you, especially Tanaka."

She groaned in response as she sat down on my bed next to me. "Are you really that oblivious, here let me list them for you. Those poor boys." She shook her head as she removed the brush from my hair.

"First of all yes, Nishinoya and Tanaka were always bothering me with their infatuation, but ever since you showed up Nishinoya has been acting strange but I can not prove that to you until he can attend activities and school again. " She paused as if she was thinking and I raised my eyebrow, baffled. "Anyways, then we have your adorable relationship with the first year, Hina--"

I gasped. "Wait, but Hinata is like a little brother to me!"

Kiyo giggled in response and grabbed my hand. "Oh honey, you better tell him that. Moving on to the next, who are my personal faviorite, are Suga-san and Daichi-san." I covered my face as my face grew hot at the fact we were talking about cute guys possibly being attracted to me. "Sugawara on one hand undoubtly gets nervous and red faced whenever you call him by his first name and are close to him. It is super enjoyable to watch. Daichi on the other is as you know the captain and never wants to seem imposing to you since he is your senpai. But he also likes to use his status as an advantage against the other guys when it comes to y--"