12. Training Camp

Rena Kozume

Rena Kozume

I have always had a small frame due to not eating allot, either because I forgot to from playing video games or just not making anything and it worked for my height, although it was not healthy at times. Yet, from the years of playing volleyball I was able to obtain some small muscles and it made me wonder if I had tried more, would I be more adequately built for the sport according to society's standards?

If I was more fit would I be good enough?

It were these kind of thoughts that have plagued my mind since the last practice and as I looked in my full length mirror. I decided to wear a sports bra and shorts with a shirt thrown on top and my knee pads would be put on as soon as I made it to the gym. Checking the clock, it was illuminating some ugly numbers which are read as 4:00 a.m.

It was the start of my new training in order to build muscle and stamina so I can play longer without getting exhausted quickly. I could already tell that my legs were building muscle from actually attending practices fully and not bailing them halfway as much like I did with Kenma.

Slapping my cheeks simultaneously, I had my workout clothes on and my spare change of clothes for later. "Let's do this!"

Kuroo was a heavy sleeper like me so not even the sound of the door closing would wake him up. I had left a note in the kitchen for him so he wouldn't freak out.

~•~

"Come on, you can do two more sets and then we can move on to your setting!"

I was sweaty and struggling to breathe already. I had expected Kiyoko to meet me this morning to help me practice instead I was met with a little pink note on the door with the words:

"I am doing you a favor, so have fun!"

So here I was being told to do different sets of exercises because Coach Ukai deemed it necessary if I wanted more power in anything that I did. He said it was always best for athletes to have more muscle than just the muscle that is gained from practice.

Especially in my case...

The minute I did my last lunge, Ukai quickly moved on to observing me set. He didn't want to join in to spike because he wanted me to do image training as well.

There was a hand on my shoulder in the next second and I let out a shriek. "You need to stop slouching and use some core muscles as well so that your posture isn't hindering you from your full potential."