4: Birthday?

Nishinoya Yuu

Nishinoya Yuu

Watching her answer the phone and then suddenly about to cry, happened all too quickly for me to comprehend.

What was I supposed to do?

This has never happened before

Do I say something?

Ahh, I don't know

It seemed as if she remembered that I was still there and turned towards me. Right there at that moment she was fully exposed, no sign of being unapproachable that she showed earlier in the day was there anymore. She was fragile and delicate just like most girls usually were. Yet, I didn't know how to react in this situation with her. Something was different about her that made me unable to speak to her without the others around. As if my confidence suddenly fell with this girl that I had only met today.

Nevertheless, the only thing I could do was grab her small hand and give it a squeeze before smiling. And just in the blink of an eye she was falling to the ground.

"Rena-chan!"

Her eyes stared back at me with no light in them.

"Are you okay? What happened? What did your brother say?"

Maybe, I was asking too many questions and being nosy, but what was I supposed to do? Rena-chan's rosy lips parted and four words came out.

"I can't go home."

Right after she spoke, she passed out and my heart began beating fast. Lifting her up into my arms and over my shoulder, I pulled out my cellphone.

"Come on, pick up Kiyoko-chan." Just as I was about to hang up, she answered. "Kiyoko-senpai! I need your help!"

There was a slight yawn on the other side. "What is it Nishinoya? You seem very frantic. I'm trying to sleep."

I began to explain to her everything that had happened and asked her what I was supposed to do next. I was clueless on this, the only things I'm good at are playing volleyball and complimenting girls. There's no way I could possibly know how to handle a passed out acquaintance, whom said she couldn't go home.

"First, you can't just throw the girl over your shoulder, Nishinoya-kun. That is not how you carry a girl, she isn't some kind of potato sack. Secondly, if she had an argument with her brother and told you, that she can't go home, it means that he probably kicked her out of the house for the night. So, you should take her to your house for tonight."