Chapter 12 - Jacob

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well. This chapter is back in Dani's POV. Enjoy :)

*************************************************************************************************************

His name is Jacob Black.

We had just met a couple weeks ago.

He is my friend and love.

He can be totally infuriating at times and then be as sweet as can be.

He is a werewolf - well shapeshifter - and I am his imprint.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

      The rain made it hard to navigate as I pulled int othe Black's driveway. I had been over once so I was lucky to remember to way. I could see the living room lights flooding into the slowly darkening sky. As I stopped the truck, my lights hit a figure walking from the woods. He was tall, tan, and shirtless. Jacob, I thought. I quickly scrambled out of the truck, slipping the keys in my pocket. The rain was pounding down, making the yard look like a muddy swamp. The drops were cold as they fell, soaking me to the bone in seconds of stepping out of the truck. But I didn't care. All I wanted to do was get to Jacob and tell him how I feel.

       Once he spotted me, he came to a halt in the rain halfway to his house. I was suddenly hit with worry that he'd try to run away from me and not give me a chance. I couldn't let that happen. Not after I ran away from him. "Jacob!" I yelled and started to run as fast as I could to him. The rain made it hard to see and the mud made it difficult to run but I pushed myself. I was happy to see that Jacob was running to meet me instead of running the opposite way. I wanted to jump into his arms. Hug him, kiss him, feel him close to me. However, I refrain myself as I come to a stop a few inches from him. He stopped too, just watching me.

       A few seconds were just filled with the raindrops hitting us and the earth along with our breathing. Why is it that while I drove here I knew what I was going to say but now that I stand infront of Jacob, I am speechless? "You left," Jacob said breaking the silence. "I know," I reply, a pang of guilt thobbing in my chest. "Why after I tried to explain?" he asked, his voice piercing me. It sounded heartbroken and I could've broke down right there. "I had to think things through Jacob," I tried to explain myself but I felt like I was drowning. "And?" he continued hopefully. I looked down at my feet collecting my thoughts. Jacob must have thought of this as a bad sign. "Dani.." he exclaimed but I cut him off by holding up my hand.

       I glanced up at his face. It was flooded with emotions and knowing that I was causing this to happen to him killed me. I had to heal his heart as well as mine. "Jacob, I'm sorry that I ran away from you. I was completely stupid for doing it because it hurt you. I was just confused and scared and didn't know what to do with this information," I began tears coming in my eyes. I didn't kow if Jacob could tell but when my voice cracked, I was sure he knew I was crying. "I don't know anything about this world of yours. Heck, I don't even know what's real anymore. But I do know one thing and that's that I feel this unspeakable bond with you. You were the one I connected with first. You are one of my best friends. I feel this pull and I want to be around you all the time. I don't care that you're a werewolf or shapeshifter or whatever as long as I have you in my life. I was scared before but now I can tell you that I love you Jacob," I managed to say.

       As soon as the words escaped my mouth, Jacob captured my lips in his. He picked me up in his arms and I immediately wrapped my legs around his waist. My arms curled around his neck pulling our bodies closer. This kiss blew the other one out of the water. It was full of passion and want. The rain was no longer a problem as we emmersed ourselves in each other. We were the only ones in the world in this moment. The heat pulsating from his body engulfed me, warming me from the inside out. We eventually pulled apart and back to reality.

       I rested my forehead against his with my eyes closed. When I opened them after calming my heart down, Jacob's eyes were boring into mine. "Come on, let's get you out of the rain before you get sick," he said starting to walk to the house with me still in his arms. He never took his eyes off mine as he walked onto the porch. He let me down as he pulled me into the house. "Jacob, is that you?" I heard the voice of an older man say. The man wheeled himself in from the living room. He looked just like Jacob so I concluded that it was his dad. He smiled when he saw I was with Jacob. I could feel myself blush as I looked down at my clothes that were now clinging to me soaking wet. "Why hello there. You must be Danielle," he stated moving his wheelchair closer and sticking his hand out. I shake it gently and smile. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Black," I say taking my hand back. "Oh please, call me Billy," he replied, "Jacob's told me a lot about you." I glance sideways at Jacob with a smirk. "Yeah thanks dad," Jacob stated rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled a little at the clear embarrasment he felt. It was adorable. "I'm going to go get her some dry clothes," Jacob exclaimed, taking my hand and pulling me down a side hallway. "Well I guess I'll see you later Danielle," Billy called as I threw up a wave.

       Jacob continued down the hall to where I suppose his room was. We walked into a small bedrrom that was mostly dominated by a bed on the far wall. Clothes were piled next to the closet but it was still cleaner then most boys' rooms. Shoot, I couldn't even see Paul's floor let alone walk a foot in his room. Jacob let go of my hand to walk to a dresser. I looked around a little more and saw it was almost seven o'clock. Who knew so much emotion could make the time tick by so fast? Jacob pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a shirt. "These shouldn't be too bad. I'll step out so you can change," he said giving me a kiss on the lips before leaving the room.

       I quickly stripped the wet clothes from my body and slipped on Jacob's clothes. They held his scent and warmth. The clothes swallowed me but I could care less. I sat his bed, crossing my legs, as a knock came at the door. "You can come in," I call. Jacob peeked in and his eyes lit up once he spotted me. I couldn't help but smile. He came over and layed down on the bed, pulling me down with him. He held me close as I snuggled into his chest. I finally felt like I was where I belonged. Here in Jacob's arms.